EXchess v6.01

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Re: EXchess v6.01

Post by fern »

easy linux? You are kidding or you a re a comp freak.
For us common people, we do not even know how to put to work a program downloaded
In fact I do not understand a shit about it

fern
pocopito

Post by pocopito »

Well, it was just kind of a private joke. Let's asume linux is harder than other OSs; in this case a simple line from the command line does the job easily.
tttony

Post by tttony »

Hi, long time without enter here

I have installed cygwin on my windows 7, so I compiled with this command under cygwin terminal

g++ -o EXchess.exe src/EXchess.cc -O2

And the compilation was succesfull so, here is the two necesary files, EXchess.exe and cygwin1.dll into a .zip file

http://www.mediafire.com/?ku5nvl8mubrmebp

I have tested the compiled file with Arena 3 and it woks fine
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

tttony wrote:Hi, long time without enter here

I have installed cygwin on my windows 7, so I compiled with this command under cygwin terminal

And the compilation was succesfull so, here is the two necesary files, EXchess.exe and cygwin1.dll into a .zip file

Thanks Tony. Do you know offhand whether or not this compile will also work under Windows XP?

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

Works great on Win XP.
tttony

Post by tttony »

Graham Banks wrote:

Thanks Tony. Do you know offhand whether or not this compile will also work under Windows XP?

Graham.
Your welcome!!

john karger is right, also I have WinXp with VirtualBox and it woks!!
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

karger wrote:Works great on Win XP.
Thanks John. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

pocopito wrote:Let's asume linux is harder than other OSs
Unfortunately, this is what most noobs still think, solely because they've never tried linux. I'm using ubuntu + gnome-shell, and to be honest, it's easier / faster / more reliable than windows... by a long way! and virus / malware free. So it's certainly more appropriate than windows for noobs. the truth is that *change* is what frightens noobs.
if you want to compile for windows, the easiest way is to download mingw on your linux machine an type the same command line you did with g++. anyway, that's how i compile my engine DoubleCheck for Win64.
Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

SzG wrote:

Thanks Tony. I compared your compile with those of Jim Ablett and found strange differences in favour of yours.

In a certain position JA 32-bit reached depth 13 in 83 secs, kNps was 154.
Your compile reached depth 17 (!) in the same amunt of time and kNps was 836.

JA 64-bit does not run for me at all.

My system: Q6600, Vista 64-bit.

My apologies. JA Exchess compiles are defective. I have removed the links from my page. New Exchess code is not working correctly with Msvc/Intel compilers. I've been so busy with getting Stockfish ready, the Exchess builds were released without proper testing. I will look into the problem.

Jim.
MM

Post by MM »

Jim Ablett wrote:
SzG wrote:

Thanks Tony. I compared your compile with those of Jim Ablett and found strange differences in favour of yours.

In a certain position JA 32-bit reached depth 13 in 83 secs, kNps was 154.
Your compile reached depth 17 (!) in the same amunt of time and kNps was 836.

JA 64-bit does not run for me at all.

My system: Q6600, Vista 64-bit.

My apologies. JA Exchess compiles are defective. I have removed the links from my page. New Exchess code is not working correctly with Msvc/Intel compilers. I've been so busy with getting Stockfish ready, the Exchess builds were released without proper testing. I will look into the problem.

Jim.
Thank you Jim,

note that anyway in my own tests 2.2 (not considering the problems in sudden death games) is smashing 2.1.1. You would make a courtesy to me if you could tell Marco and the other programmers that the new engine is much stronger than 2.1.1.

Thank you

Best Regards
MM