Purchased Komodo 4

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mhalstern

Purchased Komodo 4

Post by mhalstern »

I just purchased Komodo4 SP. After I paid with paypal, I instantly received an email with a valid download link.

Great service!

I was gonna wait until the MP version, but see there is no economic disadvantage to buying both and don't mind supporting Larry and Don.

So - When is the MP version coming out?

Thanks
lkaufman

Re: Purchased Komodo 4

Post by lkaufman »

We are expecting it to be out sometime this January, but as Don has some health issues we cannot really promise anything for a specific date.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

lkaufman wrote:We are expecting it to be out sometime this January, but as Don has some health issues we cannot really promise anything for a specific date.
Will the MP version be the same as the SP version except for MP support, that is does MP (single core) = SP?

Thanks.
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

My best wishes to him, for what's worth.
Hope nothing serious..
Don

Post by Don »

JohnS wrote:
lkaufman wrote:We are expecting it to be out sometime this January, but as Don has some health issues we cannot really promise anything for a specific date.
Will the MP version be the same as the SP version except for MP support, that is does MP (single core) = SP?

Thanks.
It will either be functionally identical (other than MP) or it will be an update. If it's updated with any improvement so will the SP version and any previous purchasers will get it for free. It would then be called Komodo 4.1 and there would be a Komodo 4.1 SP version that existing customers of the SP version will get at no cost.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Hope that Don takes care of his health first, we want him there for the long haul :)