Another strong engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Another strong engine

Post by Graham Banks »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matrix-30 ... 23?sk=info

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About
Programmer: Mark Lee Meara. Chief Advertiser: Katie Hamad. Graphic Artist: Anna Skittlesquid.

Description
A chess engine is a computer program which can play the game of chess. Matrix 3000 is an exciting new chess engine, capable of defeating the strongest free engine, Houdini 1.5a, and well on it's way to chess domination! It's aggressive style is reminiscent of great human players such as Kasparov, Fischer, and Carlsen. Current rating lists place the commercial Houdini 2 at the top of the rating lists, with a rating between 3022 and 3308 Elo, depending on the source. Current private engine tests (c. 500 games, more to come) suggest Matrix 3000 is around 50 elo stronger than Houdini 1.5a, and 35 elo stronger than Houdini 2.0
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Matthias Gemuh

Re: Another strong engine

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Graham Banks wrote:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matrix-30 ... 23?sk=info

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About
Programmer: Mark Lee Meara. Chief Advertiser: Katie Hamad. Graphic Artist: Anna Skittlesquid.

Description
A chess engine is a computer program which can play the game of chess. Matrix 3000 is an exciting new chess engine, capable of defeating the strongest free engine, Houdini 1.5a, and well on it's way to chess domination! It's aggressive style is reminiscent of great human players such as Kasparov, Fischer, and Carlsen. Current rating lists place the commercial Houdini 2 at the top of the rating lists, with a rating between 3022 and 3308 Elo, depending on the source. Current private engine tests (c. 500 games, more to come) suggest Matrix 3000 is around 50 elo stronger than Houdini 1.5a, and 35 elo stronger than Houdini 2.0
+35 Elo stronger than Houdini 2 ? Wow !

surely not a clone :wink: :roll:
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
MM

Post by MM »

Graham Banks wrote:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matrix-30 ... 23?sk=info

Matrix 3000 Chess Engine
Software

Basic Information
Founded

About

Description
Matrix 3000 Chess Engine:

''Matrix just played it's 1000th game!! It ended in a crushing defeat over Houdini 2 in 17 moves!!''.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matrix-30 ... 9066685823

No comment from me.
MM
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Maurizio, please could I order my beta here on talkchess because I have no facebook yet, it's too complicated, or it's more something for people who are not older than 26.

Already congratulations
for your being stronger than Houdini which isnt a surprise to me because if you are a chessplayer and have ideas for computerchess, you must by force become better, since Houdini started as sort of borrowed engine. You can see that in the fact that Robert H. didnt participate in the ICGA tournament.

I hope you'll enter the ICGA and beat Shredder, Junior and Jonny fair and square.

All the best for your creativity.

At the end of the year we certainly will have two mega players. Rybka 5 and MATRIX 2a+beta.

What a gas! We need this new World Order in computerchess so dearly after the shock of the veteran organization.

Rock'n'Roll!
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

cool, Programmer: Mark Lee Meara, My formal car - a BMW Z3, the same car featured in the 007 movie, Goldeneye :

What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
kgburcham

My Vote for funniest post of the year

Post by kgburcham »

Rolf wrote:Maurizio, please could I order my beta here on talkchess.
for your being stronger than Houdini which isnt a surprise to me.
since Houdini started as sort of borrowed engine.
At the end of the year we certainly will have two mega players. Rybka 5 and MATRIX 2a+beta.
What a gas!
Rock'n'Roll!
another 3300+ program falls out of the sky
hahahahahahahahaha
you are funny rolf, you had me going for a minute, I thought you were serious.

kgburcham
Graham Banks

Re: My Vote for funniest post of the year

Post by Graham Banks »

kgburcham wrote:
What a gas!
Rock'n'Roll!
hahahahahahahahaha

kgburcham
Looks like a hoax that will suck some in. :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Rolf wrote:Maurizio, please could I order my beta here on talkchess because I have no facebook yet, it's too complicated, or it's more something for people who are not older than 26.

Already congratulations
for your being stronger than Houdini which isnt a surprise to me because if you are a chessplayer and have ideas for computerchess, you must by force become better, since Houdini started as sort of borrowed engine. You can see that in the fact that Robert H. didnt participate in the ICGA tournament.

I hope you'll enter the ICGA and beat Shredder, Junior and Jonny fair and square.

What a gas! We need this new World Order in computerchess so dearly after the shock of the veteran organization.

Rock'n'Roll!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The whole Facebook wall is funny to read, too...
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
MM

Post by MM »

Rolf wrote:Maurizio, please could I order my beta here on talkchess because I have no facebook yet, it's too complicated, or it's more something for people who are not older than 26.

Already congratulations

I think i'm going to buy it. I must have an engine that beats Houdini in 17 moves.....isn't it a sign of a deep knowledge of chess....?!
MM
MM

Re: My Vote for funniest post of the year

Post by MM »

kgburcham wrote:
What a gas!
Rock'n'Roll!
hahahahahahahahaha

kgburcham
He is serious, isn't he? :shock: exactly like me :lol:
MM