When this Anad-etc thing END?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

When this Anad-etc thing END?

Post by fern »

Men, this is a COMPUTER site. Its OK to touch other aspects of chess, but this infinite thread about anand and challenger or vice versa is more than enough.

Fern
kgburcham

Re: When this Anad-etc thing END?

Post by kgburcham »

fern wrote:Men, this is a COMPUTER site. Its OK to touch other aspects of chess, but this infinite thread about anand and challenger or vice versa is more than enough.
Fern
The SuperGM is one of the tools by which the Computer Chess Fans measure their Computer Programs.
They cannot be seperated for now, maybe in the near future, but we desperately need the SuperGM.
We must allow posts about the best human chess players.
These things are what dreams are made of.
When I lived in Houston I took some chess lessons from a Master. He was a street person. He once said that, "We cannot have sex 24 hours a day, we must take a few hours to sleep and the rest to play chess."
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

I agree totally , fern, enough is enough. john karger
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

fern wrote:Men, this is a COMPUTER site. Its OK to touch other aspects of chess, but this infinite thread about anand and challenger or vice versa is more than enough.

Fern

Wasn't it a mistake to believe that in all ccc and ctf, there was never intended to be a place for general chess?
geots

Post by geots »

Fern

Man, you have definitely got me on your side here. "Use flat view". I don't want to. If I did, I would. The worst is 2 weeks from now someone will dig it up from page 2 or 3- post a thread- and the whole shit will pile back up on Page 1.

Dirty toilets regards,

gts
Hood

Post by Hood »

The GMs are tools which perform prepared computer analysis on a board. :-). So they are part of a computer chess. ;-)

Rgds
Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
geots

Post by geots »

Hood wrote:The GMs are tools which perform prepared computer analysis on a board. :-). So they are part of a computer chess. ;-)

Rgds
Hood

Who pulled your chain?
gerold

Post by gerold »

Fern
I agree that it should be moved. Maybe to CTF where all the real chess players are. :-)
Hood

Post by Hood »

Gandalf
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.