Back to the 80's with UCI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rebel

Back to the 80's with UCI

Post by Rebel »

The old Mephisto's Rebel 5.0, MM4, MM5, Mephisto Amsterdam, Dallas, Glasgow and Roma are now available as UCI engines.

You can install them in the normal way as you are used to under Arena, Chessbase, Chesspartner or any other UCI compatible chess interface.

It's nice to see the 2 old rivals playing hundreds of games against each other now in a graphical interface.

http://www.top-5000.nl/mephisto.htm
Graham Banks

Re: Back to the 80's with UCI

Post by Graham Banks »

Rebel wrote:The old Mephisto's Rebel 5.0, MM4, MM5, Mephisto Amsterdam, Dallas, Glasgow and Roma are now available as UCI engines.

You can install them in the normal way as you are used to under Arena, Chessbase, Chesspartner or any other UCI compatible chess interface.

It's nice to see the 2 old rivals playing hundreds of games against each other now in a graphical interface.

Thanks Ed. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Great news. Thanks a lot Ed for all your free chess software.
Kingghidorah

Post by Kingghidorah »

Kool, thanks Ed, gonna go dl them now
En passant,

Lonnie

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Harvey Fierstein
Steve Maughan

Post by Steve Maughan »

WOW - very cool!

Let the nostalgia begin!

Steve
IWB

Post by IWB »

Interesting to see which one is best "ON EQUAL HARDWARE". According to the SSDF list the MM 4 and the ROMA are listed as the two best computers ... but that was on completly different hardware (6502 Turbo KIT 16MHz + 68020 14 MHz). The MM 5 is well below them but was just running on 5 MHz.

So, given an equal Hardware, which on is the best of those old engines?

Bye
Ingo
rbarreira

Post by rbarreira »

IWB wrote:Interesting to see which one is best "ON EQUAL HARDWARE". According to the SSDF list the MM 4 and the ROMA are listed as the two best computers ... but that was on completly different hardware (6502 Turbo KIT 16MHz + 68020 14 MHz). The MM 5 is well below them but was just running on 5 MHz.

Bye
Ingo
Is it really a fair comparison? I suppose the engines are running on two different emulators (correct me if I'm wrong), which may have different performance.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Rebel wrote:The old Mephisto's Rebel 5.0, MM4, MM5, Mephisto Amsterdam, Dallas, Glasgow and Roma are now available as UCI engines.

Cool. Now I can also try out Amsterdam, Dallas, Glasgow, and Roman.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

IWB wrote:Interesting to see which one is best "ON EQUAL HARDWARE". According to the SSDF list the MM 4 and the ROMA are listed as the two best computers ... but that was on completly different hardware (6502 Turbo KIT 16MHz + 68020 14 MHz). The MM 5 is well below them but was just running on 5 MHz.

Bye
Ingo
I thought I had documented the difference between MM V and MM IV in this thread, but I was wrong. I do remember MM V was stronger. I'll try to find the games.

I started testing MM V again last week. I may do the same with MM IV.

Adam
Kingghidorah

Post by Kingghidorah »

I can't get any if these engines to work? Running Windows7 through CB GUI

:?
En passant,

Lonnie

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Harvey Fierstein