Komodo 4.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Hood

Komodo 4.1

Post by Hood »

Hi Komodo 4.1,

when you will come? :)

Rgds Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
melajara

Re: Komodo 4.1

Post by melajara »

Glad you asked as I was about to relaunch my thread on that very same topic ;-)

Critter 1.6 didn't make it. Houdini is still the King of the Hill.

Sure, I would like Houdart to have some tough competition.
If not, why would he be enticed to release Houdini 3 already in September? :twisted:
Per ardua ad astra
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Hood wrote:Hi Komodo 4.1,

Rgds Hood

The last thing I THINK I saw was that they were skipping ahead to Komodo 5. Not sure though.
MM

Post by MM »

tomgdrums wrote:

Rgds Hood

The last thing I THINK I saw was that they were skipping ahead to Komodo 5. Not sure though.
Yes they are but it is still possible a release of some intermediate version.

Best Regards
MM
Hood

Post by Hood »

...but They promised to give v 4.1 for free to v 4 buyers?
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Don

Post by Don »

tomgdrums wrote:

Rgds Hood

No, the plan is to release 4.1 which is a free upgrade if you have 4. There will be a 4.1 SMP version which will go with it - that will be $20 if you have purchased 4 or 4.1 already.

We have development versions with SMP now, but we are unhappy with it's performance - I am still improving it.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
melajara

Post by melajara »

Don wrote: We have development versions with SMP now, but we are unhappy with it's performance - I am still improving it.

Don
Glad to hear it.
Keep the good work up and ignore the rambling here :lol:
Per ardua ad astra
TimoK

Post by TimoK »

Hi Don,

how about releasing the 4.1 SP version now and wait for a 4.2 MP until you are satisfied with the performance?

I think there are a lot of persons (including me) who would love to see an engine that plays on par with Houdini on 1 CPU (at TCs >15m+3s). Komodo is the hottest candidate to reach that level at the moment. Please don't let us wait another 6 months...

Best regards
Timo
Don

Post by Don »

TimoK wrote:Hi Don,

how about releasing the 4.1 SP version now and wait for a 4.2 MP until you are satisfied with the performance?

I think there are a lot of persons (including me) who would love to see an engine that plays on par with Houdini on 1 CPU (at TCs >15m+3s). Komodo is the hottest candidate to reach that level at the moment. Please don't let us wait another 6 months...

Best regards
Timo
Komodo 4.1 will be only a minor upgrade and not our best version. We have a version now that is much stronger than Komodo 4.1 will be and that will be Komodo 5.

The MP version is built around what will be Komodo 4.1 - but the plan is for Komodo 5 and every version after to come also with an MP version.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
fern

Post by fern »

and when you think it will be available, Don, the 5.0 version?

Fern