This Is One Damn Sick Statement!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

This Is One Damn Sick Statement!

Post by geots »

We have 1170 registered members. Subtract 170 for those who are new, haven't posted enough, or can't remember their own names- you still got 1000 members. Of that, a minimum- A BARE MINIMUM of at least 30% should be the voter turnout here for the moderator choice. With 24 hours left we got about a 5 or 6 % turnout. That is disgraceful.

There may be a rush to vote in the last 24 hours- but that has never really been the case. We got the best 3 moderators right now you could ever wish for, and another, Adam- who will be a perfect fit. And most people will evidently sit on their butts and not take the time to even cast a vote? And possibly piss off the chance to have another 6 almost perfectly run months.

You know what?- This forum doesn't deserve the wonderful moderation we have had with these guys- and I would not blame them if they all gave us the finger and left. It certainly wouldn't be anything this forum didn't deserve.

george
Sean Evans

Re: This Is One Damn Sick Statement!

Post by Sean Evans »

geots wrote:We have 1170 registered members. Subtract 170 for those who are new, haven't posted enough, or can't remember their own names- you still got 1000 members. Of that, a minimum- A BARE MINIMUM of at least 30% should be the voter turnout here for the moderator choice. With 24 hours left we got about a 5 or 6 % turnout. That is disgraceful.

There may be a rush to vote in the last 24 hours- but that has never really been the case. We got the best 3 moderators right now you could ever wish for, and another, Adam- who will be a perfect fit. And most people will evidently sit on their butts and not take the time to even cast a vote? And possibly piss off the chance to have another 6 almost perfectly run months.

You know what?- This forum doesn't deserve the wonderful moderation we have had with these guys- and I would not blame them if they all gave us the finger and left. It certainly wouldn't be anything this forum didn't deserve.

george
How much would I have to pay you to shutup?
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

geots wrote:We have 1170 registered members. Subtract 170 for those who are new, haven't posted enough, or can't remember their own names- you still got 1000 members. Of that, a minimum- A BARE MINIMUM of at least 30% should be the voter turnout here for the moderator choice. With 24 hours left we got about a 5 or 6 % turnout. That is disgraceful.

george
I doubt if there are 300 members who read this forum in the last week.
Being a member does not mean that you have to read the forum.
Kingghidorah

Post by Kingghidorah »

where's the voting??
En passant,

Lonnie

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Harvey Fierstein
ZirconiumX

Post by ZirconiumX »

Kingghidorah wrote:where's the voting??
Only in the sticky poll topic marked '*** CCC Moderator Election - Member Voting ***'. Rather hard to see.

Matthew:out
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.
geots

Post by geots »

Sean Evans wrote:

george

You don't come close to having enough money- not even in the ballpark.
geots

Post by geots »

Sean Evans wrote:

george

BTW, I didn't say any of it to make you happy. Don't like it? Tough shit.
geots

Post by geots »

Uri Blass wrote:

george

Maybe- maybe not. But there will be well more than 300 whining and bitching when we lose these guys and it goes back to the shithole it was.
You have twice this many voting on those stupid polls people start a couple times a week.

gts
ZirconiumX

Post by ZirconiumX »

geots wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:

There may be a rush to vote in the last 24 hours- but that has never really been the case. We got the best 3 moderators right now you could ever wish for, and another, Adam- who will be a perfect fit. And most people will evidently sit on their butts and not take the time to even cast a vote? And possibly $&/* off the chance to have another 6 almost perfectly run months.

george

BTW, I didn't say any of it to make you happy. Don't like it? Tough !#@$.
Mind your language, George. I have voted. Therefore you cannot take this out on me.

I'll take my moderator hat off now.

Matthew:out
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.
geots

Post by geots »

Uri Blass wrote:

george

Uri I won't be around much longer anyway. Just be patient for a short time and you won't have to worry with me any longer. Already starting to feel better- right?