This Is One Damn Sick Statement!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: This Is One Damn Sick Statement!

Post by geots »

ZirconiumX wrote:
geots wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
geots wrote:We have 1170 registered members. Subtract 170 for those who are new, haven't posted enough, or can't remember their own names- you still got 1000 members. Of that, a minimum- A BARE MINIMUM of at least 30% should be the voter turnout here for the moderator choice. With 24 hours left we got about a 5 or 6 % turnout. That is disgraceful.

There may be a rush to vote in the last 24 hours- but that has never really been the case. We got the best 3 moderators right now you could ever wish for, and another, Adam- who will be a perfect fit. And most people will evidently sit on their butts and not take the time to even cast a vote? And possibly $&/* off the chance to have another 6 almost perfectly run months.

You know what?- This forum doesn't deserve the wonderful moderation we have had with these guys- and I would not blame them if they all gave us the finger and left. It certainly wouldn't be anything this forum didn't deserve.

george
How much would I have to pay you to shutup?

BTW, I didn't say any of it to make you happy. Don't like it? Tough !#@$.
Mind your language, George. I have voted. Therefore you cannot take this out on me.

I'll take my moderator hat off now.

Matthew:out

Matt, my friend- you are my friend. You have been one hell of a good addition to this forum- and there is not a doubt in my mind you want it to keep being the place it has been lately. I only said what I felt. When twice the number of people vote on a poll asking if Houdini can beat DrunkenMaster, we got problems. I was not referring to you in my original thread- really to no one in particular. The people who will complain about what I said were not here in the worst of times. There are plenty that remember how bad it can get- and was. And I was not being selfish. This wasn't said for me. Even tho I won't be around a lot longer- this forum has been good to me- and there are plenty of great people here. I just want them to have a decent place to talk computer chess.

Best always,

george

PS: Always remember- never sit in a restaurant with your back to the door.
ZirconiumX

Post by ZirconiumX »

geots wrote:
ZirconiumX wrote:
geots wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
geots wrote:We have 1170 registered members. Subtract 170 for those who are new, haven't posted enough, or can't remember their own names- you still got 1000 members. Of that, a minimum- A BARE MINIMUM of at least 30% should be the voter turnout here for the moderator choice. With 24 hours left we got about a 5 or 6 % turnout. That is disgraceful.

There may be a rush to vote in the last 24 hours- but that has never really been the case. We got the best 3 moderators right now you could ever wish for, and another, Adam- who will be a perfect fit. And most people will evidently sit on their butts and not take the time to even cast a vote? And possibly $&/* off the chance to have another 6 almost perfectly run months.

You know what?- This forum doesn't deserve the wonderful moderation we have had with these guys- and I would not blame them if they all gave us the finger and left. It certainly wouldn't be anything this forum didn't deserve.

george
How much would I have to pay you to shutup?

BTW, I didn't say any of it to make you happy. Don't like it? Tough !#@$.
Mind your language, George. I have voted. Therefore you cannot take this out on me.

I'll take my moderator hat off now.

Matt, my friend- you are my friend. You have been one hell of a good addition to this forum- and there is not a doubt in my mind you want it to keep being the place it has been lately. I only said what I felt. When twice the number of people vote on a poll asking if Houdini can beat DrunkenMaster, we got problems. I was not referring to you in my original thread- really to no one in particular. The people who will complain about what I said were not here in the worst of times. There are plenty that remember how bad it can get- and was. And I was not being selfish. This wasn't said for me. Even tho I won't be around a lot longer- this forum has been good to me- and there are plenty of great people here. I just want them to have a decent place to talk computer chess.

Best always,

george

PS: Always remember- never sit in a restaurant with your back to the door.
It seems that "talk computer chess" is all people want to do here.

Maybe the topic title should say "Everyone who votes in this topic gets a free copy of Houdini" would attract more voters.

Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

geots wrote:
Sean Evans wrote: How much would I have to pay you to shutup?
You don't come close to having enough money- not even in the ballpark.
Of course Sean could run for moderator, with as only policy to ban you for the duration of his term. Then it would not cost him anything! And it could also provide a real incentive for people to vote. :wink:
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

We have 1170 registered members.
The number of read-only members who still read here, is certainly smaller because if a member quits, it is very unlikely that he will also unregister. (I don't even know if that's possible.)

The number of active members is probably MUCH smaller. It would be interesting to know e.g. the number of different members who logged in at least once, in the last month.

Also, I just saw the election doesn't really provide a choice. Only one team runs. Good luck to them! :mrgreen:
Regards, Mike
jdart

Post by jdart »

Maybe one reason is, we aren't being offered much of a choice? The current team is the only one running.

--Jon
fern

Post by fern »

George:
It is difficult to muster some enthusiasm when there are no option neither in persons or policies.
I voted the same, thought.

Fern
gerold

Post by gerold »

Is there an election. Who's running for what. Opps.
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

Since you have never served a purpose in this forum , and I never have either , go or stay no one but you cares.
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

geots wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

There may be a rush to vote in the last 24 hours- but that has never really been the case. We got the best 3 moderators right now you could ever wish for, and another, Adam- who will be a perfect fit. And most people will evidently sit on their butts and not take the time to even cast a vote? And possibly piss off the chance to have another 6 almost perfectly run months.

george
I doubt if there are 300 members who read this forum in the last week.
Being a member does not mean that you have to read the forum.

Uri I won't be around much longer anyway. Just be patient for a short time and you won't have to worry with me any longer. Already starting to feel better- right?
Good news...bye!
geots

Post by geots »

Sean Evans wrote:
geots wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

There may be a rush to vote in the last 24 hours- but that has never really been the case. We got the best 3 moderators right now you could ever wish for, and another, Adam- who will be a perfect fit. And most people will evidently sit on their butts and not take the time to even cast a vote? And possibly piss off the chance to have another 6 almost perfectly run months.

george
I doubt if there are 300 members who read this forum in the last week.
Being a member does not mean that you have to read the forum.

Uri I won't be around much longer anyway. Just be patient for a short time and you won't have to worry with me any longer. Already starting to feel better- right?
Good news...bye!

The bad news- I can still smell you from here.