EXchess 6.71b in test

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 3570
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: IASI (Romania) - the historical capital of MOLDOVA

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by Sylwy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:13 pm

fern wrote: Serbians were stopped just in time regards
fern
WOW !

GENERALISSIMO, I'm your slave !

SR :wink:

User avatar
fern
Posts: 8755
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by fern » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks John

User avatar
Kyodai
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by Kyodai » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm

fern wrote:SEND ME A COPY!!!!!!!
Hmm.. fernando, fernando.... this Excess engine might be just tooo much for you.. ;-)

Maybe his opponent in the match - Daydreamer will suit better :roll:

(PS I was champion in highjumping of my school - many years ago.--
But still think I can manage those heights no matter if more than 40 years
have passed - and maany kg + in weights.

With just a little training och proper concentration, you know,,, I can still....
at least I live in those dreams - since I know more about high jumping now..

(The truth is I probably won't lift much from the ground...... 8-)

User avatar
fern
Posts: 8755
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by fern » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok, Sune, I see that you have given too much credit to my exercises in self deprecation. In fact I am a STRONG chess player with much more success with these engines than I declare. In order to get a smile or even better, a laugh, I am prepared to say anything even against me...

As a proof of this I can send you any day the draw I got against Chess Challenger 7 with only 5 take backs....There you will see my real chess mettle....

Honorary clown regards
F

User avatar
Kyodai
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by Kyodai » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:05 pm

fern wrote:
As a proof of this I can send you any day the draw I got against Chess Challenger 7 with only 5 take backs....There you will see my real chess mettle....

Honorary clown regards
F

But this is much better than drawing Chess Challenger 5 with only 7 take backs... :shock:

Jokes aside - I like the Fritzy development with facilities like Deep Analyse - Cloud Analyse - online opening book to check etc. Now analysies are possible with a cluster of engines. Must be interesting for those who play
serious chess. Either for a living or as a hobby with obsessed flavour (like some corr-tourneys.)

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Kyodai wrote:
fern wrote:
As a proof of this I can send you any day the draw I got against Chess Challenger 7 with only 5 take backs....There you will see my real chess mettle....

Honorary clown regards
F

But this is much better than drawing Chess Challenger 5 with only 7 take backs... :shock:

Jokes aside - I like the Fritzy development with facilities like Deep Analyse - Cloud Analyse - online opening book to check etc. Now analysies are possible with a cluster of engines. Must be interesting for those who play
serious chess. Either for a living or as a hobby with obsessed flavour (like some corr-tourneys.)
I agree....

The innovations related to ChessBase are remarkable.....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
fern
Posts: 8755
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by fern » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm

If I only was a serious player. ...! Of Fritz gui what I like the most are the sardonic comments. There you have my childish constitution.... I have never used the database and I never will. In fact I do not know if my current favorite opening -e4 followed at once by c4- has existence in the annals of the game or not.

Non serious regards
fern

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:47 pm

fern wrote:If I only was a serious player. ...! Of Fritz gui what I like the most are the sardonic comments. There you have my childish constitution.... I have never used the database and I never will. In fact I do not know if my current favorite opening -e4 followed at once by c4- has existence in the annals of the game or not.

Non serious regards
fern
The most important thing is to get maximum joy from what you're doing.....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
fern
Posts: 8755
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by fern » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Exactly. But now tell me, learned doc, somebody in this world play e4 followed by c4?

From far away Chile regards
Fern

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: EXchess 6.71b in test

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:08 pm

fern wrote:Exactly. But now tell me, learned doc, somebody in this world play e4 followed by c4?

From far away Chile regards
Fern
Only a chess genius will play this line :shock:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Post Reply