Komodo release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Re: Komodo release

Post by Don »

Hurnavich wrote:Hi, I have the same problem,
Which problem is that?
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Hurnavich

Post by Hurnavich »

Hi, Don the same problem as this post

And I have a Komodo stops working when I play engine vs engine matches Test Suites in Deep Fritz 12 gui I sent Larry a pm

Karol Majewski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:34 am Post subject: Re: Komodo release Reply to topic Reply with quote Report Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II X4 955, Windows 7 x64

1. Run Komodo exe file,
2. Close console window

Crash!
"May your next game be your best"
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Hurnavich wrote: 1. Run Komodo exe file,
2. Close console window

Crash!
That happens on all machines I think, but it has no effect on Komodo being successfully loaded and used as an engine in any GUI as far as I'm aware.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Hurnavich

Post by Hurnavich »

Hi, I also have the following problem,

Komodo stops working when I play engine vs engine matches Test Suites in Deep Fritz 12

I ran a 100 game match and komodo stoped working message at game 89 I think it was.

So then ran a 200 game match and after about 130 ish games message again Komodo stoped working.

I was set at 3 min blitz 512mb hash

i7 950 @4217 MHZ 12GB ram

Never had this problem with Komodo 5.1r2

I ran a 60 game match ran no problem

not sure what is wrong. Can anyone else run a test match in fritz to see if it can be duplicated.
"May your next game be your best"
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

As a sidenote, I can add that Komodo CCT causes Windows 8 x64 to produce an 11 Megabytes "crashdump" file whenever the engine is closed. But otherwise, it runs perfect with no visible bugs whatsoever.

The .dmp file creation happens in the background. I have a batch file to delete these files once per month. The directory is

C:\Users\User(*)\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\

*) your username

You may gain quite some free harddisk space by cleaning this directory.

Code: Select all

@echo off
del C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\Komodo*.dmp
echo Komodo-Crashdumps geloescht!
echo.
dir
echo.
pause
exit
Regards, Mike
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Hurnavich wrote:Hi, I also have the following problem,

Komodo stops working when I play engine vs engine matches Test Suites in Deep Fritz 12

I ran a 100 game match and komodo stoped working message at game 89 I think it was.

So then ran a 200 game match and after about 130 ish games message again Komodo stoped working.

I was set at 3 min blitz 512mb hash

i7 950 @4217 MHZ 12GB ram

Never had this problem with Komodo 5.1r2

I ran a 60 game match ran no problem

not sure what is wrong. Can anyone else run a test match in fritz to see if it can be duplicated.
OK, I'm now running two four thread Komodo6-Houdini3 matches at 5' + 3" on two i7 quads, using Fritz 11 GUI. No problems in first few games, I should know by tomorrow morning. I can suggest that you try running your matches with at least a one second increment, because with no increment Komodo will often time forfeit around move 200, and perhaps the time forfeit is not handled well by the Fritz GUI. Just a guess.

Larry
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Actually I had a problem downloading the program. The "Don't screw this up you only get one chance" really got my attention. Problem is that I got "Network error" as I guess that the site was busy when I tried to download. Does that mean I screwed it up and lost my chance?
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

M ANSARI, Komodo support is best handled via PM or email.

Customers are welcome to contact me, PM here, with basic "Komodo download screwed up" reports. Include your email address and full name. Don had asked me if I could help him with the burden of the release by fielding these sorts of basic support issues.
trojanfoe

Re: slight problem

Post by trojanfoe »

Hi there, the download script still appears to be broken. I have tried using Chrome, Firefox and IE and get the message:

Code: Select all

only get to download once
Is that supposed to be an error message? It's pretty badly done, I must say, and I share everyone else's frustration in paying for something and not being allowed to download it.

I don't even understand why a customer can only download it once and I'm pretty sure it should have been tested better.

I brought K6 to support Don through his current hardship and I want to support chess engine development under OSX, however there is only a certain amount of hassle I will tolerate before I abort and attempt to get a refund.
CositasBuenas

Re: slight problem

Post by CositasBuenas »

No problem here - everything works just fine on my linux machine!