A Stockfish-Komodo 6 Match for the Top Spot- Linda Speight

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

A Stockfish-Komodo 6 Match for the Top Spot- Linda Speight

Post by geots »

Most of what I am typing here for you guys is the writing that George gives me. Don't misunderstand and think he treats me like a robot- could not be further from the truth. I have permission to change wording or phrases if I choose- sort of do my own writing. Sometimes if he feels up to it he will preview what I write- other times not. He knows I will follow the technical stuff that he gives me, as this is not my field of expertise. Then there is a lot of copying and pasting, which I am getting better at. (I actually own a Mac myself, so not used to a lot of that.) Mainly the expertise of understanding the work is a must for sure- and I am slowly catching on. Whatever the job, we have been working together as a team for almost 40 years- so the respect is a two-way street.

Marco gave us the version to use against Komodo 6, and the match will start in a day or 2. (Monday at the very latest.) Most of that depends on how george feels. At any rate, same specs will be used that were in place for the Komodo-Houdini match.) Here are the specs again, but first remember that (I believe on Page 2) all the threads from the previous match are located if anyone missed them and is interested.

Alienware AURORA_R4
Intel i7 w/6 True Cores
Factory overclocked
Fritz 11 gui
6 Cores each/64bit
256MB hash
Bases=NONE
Ponder_Learning=OFF
Perfect 2012b.ctg w/12-move limit
Time Control = 60'+15" (which he says is rather long and he thinks is best)
Match="Best of 24" (12.5 points will win the match)

So we hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Linda P. Speight
Kohflote

Re: A Stockfish-Komodo 6 Match for the Top Spot- Linda Speig

Post by Kohflote »

Hi George / Linda,

Any updates of the match between SF and Komodo?

Looking forward to it.

Best wishes,
Koh, Kah Huat
geots

Running Behind and My Apologies To All- Linda Speight

Post by geots »

Kohflote wrote:Hi George / Linda,

Any updates of the match between SF and Komodo?

Looking forward to it.

Best wishes,
Koh, Kah Huat

We really thank you for your interest. We are about a week behind doing this match. George has been having a really rough go of it, and I cannot do much without him. He has not been able to sit long enough here to get the match started. Marco gave us the version to use against Komodo 6, and we will get this match run, hopefully this time for sure on or before Monday. Besides this match, George says he has about 30 or so engine versions he needs to install on 4 diff. systems- and he hasn't been able to do any of it. He is behind and really taking it hard. He loves this stuff so much, and has a total of 20 thins or cores or whatever you cal them- and it really depresses him that he cannot use his equipment right now like he always did. Hopefully thinds will improve.

Thank you,
Linda P. Speight
Modern Times

Re: Running Behind and My Apologies To All- Linda Speight

Post by Modern Times »

Thank for the update Linda. I hope George improves soon.
Kohflote

Re: Running Behind and My Apologies To All- Linda Speight

Post by Kohflote »

Thank you, Linda.

No worry, health first, chess games can always be a later point of time.

All the best.

Best wishes,
Koh, Kah Huat