3Champs reloaded

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: 3Champs reloaded

Post by lkaufman »

ouachita wrote:
lkaufman wrote:in this case the blitz ratings are almost totally irrelevant to 90 minute + increment strength.
I believe that you are most likely correct, and I would hypothesize that you are most likely correct. Truth is, we do not and may never know with any measure of certainty the extent to which blitz (STC) test results are relevant to 90+ or 40/120+ or 40/240 or . . . 40/4000, etc. results. Perhaps guessing will have to suffice.
I'm not sure why you think we need to guess. Just compare Aser's list to any of the blitz lists. The relative ratings of Komodo and Stockfish are almost the same at both levels, while Houdini 4 drops from clear first to clear last. In short, the answer is engine-dependent. Most engines will rank similarly at all levels, but some (those with close ties to Ippolit) will not.
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

Happy New Year, Clemens! Can you please tell me where can I download all the games from this great tournament? Thank you in advance! 8-)
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

FriedmannC wrote:Happy New Year, Clemens! Can you please tell me where can I download all the games from this great tournament? Thank you in advance! 8-)
happy new year too!
here are the game:
http://www.clemens-keck.de/livegames/3champs2013.pgn

regards, Clemens
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

Thank you so much! Best regards! :wink:
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

:( the link doesn't work, it appears an error, I don't know why ...
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

my fault

I "cleaned" my ftp server today. Sorry.
I am thinking about to make a small webpage were I can archive tournaments from 2012 till today, including conditions and crosstables and download of games. Might be good, as I am planing to continue with tournaments.
http://www.clemens-keck.de/3Champs/3champs2013.pgn

Clemens

better download fast :oops:
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

Very good idea, the games are at the top level and it would be great to have a database from 2012! Thank you again :)