To engine programmers: next TCEC Season starting in ~ 1month

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Martin Thoresen

Re: To engine programmers: next TCEC Season starting in ~ 1m

Post by Martin Thoresen »

lucasart wrote:
Gusev wrote:Will Protector play?
I hope so. It would be a farce if closed source IvanHone clones are allowed to compete, while an original and open source enging like Protector is not.
Protector did not play in the previous Season because it had lots of problems with many cores. This was made perfectly clear back then. If the engine simply doesn't work then it's not possible to use it.

I have been working closely with Raimund to prepare Protector for this new Season and so far it is looking good.

This thread is not to talk about which engine is included or not, please stick to the topic.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
lucasart wrote:
Gusev wrote:Will Protector play?
I hope so. It would be a farce if closed source IvanHone clones are allowed to compete, while an original and open source enging like Protector is not.
Protector did not play in the previous Season because it had lots of problems with many cores. This was made perfectly clear back then. If the engine simply doesn't work then it's not possible to use it.

I have been working closely with Raimund to prepare Protector for this new Season and so far it is looking good.

This thread is not to talk about which engine is included or not, please stick to the topic.
The thread as far as the title suggests is about the new TCEC season.....

This......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoresen_C ... ompetition

Right?

Well let me tell you Thoresen.........that in prison........it has been known for sometime that the inmates of said prison, would gamble on who committed the greatest and most notorious crime.

However it does not allow them to escape from prison, no matter who wins that argument.

:)

Chris
Haikouichthys

Post by Haikouichthys »

Preliminary list of participants revealed:
https://www.facebook.com/tcec.chess

Note that Tornado should be on the list too but was unintentionally left off.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

I guess that the mods can unsticky this thread seeing as the participant list has been finalised. :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Graham Banks wrote:I guess that the mods can unsticky this thread seeing as the participant list has been finalised. :wink:
Yes of course. :)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:I guess that the mods can unsticky this thread seeing as the participant list has been finalised. :wink:
Good luck with the tourney Martin. I hope that you don't strike any issues with the new GUI you're using.
Will follow with interest as usual, although probably won't be able to stop by in chat as much as I'd like.

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
No problem.

Miguel