New Moron 4.5 Special Edition

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Re: New Moron 4.5 Special Edition

Post by lucasart »

Yet another pure spamming thread by Fernando.

The "signal to noise" ratio of this forum is getting closer and closer to zero. It will soon reach the abysmal depth of the Chess "Thinkers" Forum.

Even more surprising is that our moderation team actively participates in these thread, and fuels the spamming...
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Fern

First you steal my code and now you insult me by suggesting that I am a Yank!!

Yes, I will see you in court but in the High Court in London

Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
Michel

Post by Michel »

Come on Lucas! This thread is a _parody_ on a typical Talkfish thread. And it is far more entertaining than the typical "<insert your favorite +3000 engine> plays like an idiot" threads.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Moron 4.5 is much better than one of my old chess programs that asks me three times or more to type a word on a page of the manual which I don't have anymore before it quits. It also doesn't give away the source code.
I payed hundred guilders for that program.
Dr. Axel Schumacher
Location: Cologne-Uppsala-St. Petersburg-Cambridge-Toronto-Munich-Basel

Post by Dr. Axel Schumacher »

fern wrote:.....If that court favors you, as so many times is the case when an american citizen is challenged by someone like me, from a tiny country, I have already put in red alert my horde of Serbian servants, people of very bad character, all of them.
Fern,
you better switch to the Crimea-Russian syndicate.... why take some lousy bucks from this guy if you can have the whole country !!!

10% royalties for me regards,
Axel

P.S. This is a justified action, necessary to 'protect' Chilean compatriots in the UK.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five".
Groucho Marx
fern

Post by fern »

Dear Lucas:
I understand that spasm is something that comes in great quantity and is permeated by bad will.
None of those conditions can be seen here.
I try to enlighten a little things with something funny -or trying to be- from time to time.
Is not the big deal and certainly it does not threat to inundate this place.
As I am sure you know some maths, please take an average of how much this "spams" is respect to the rest of the place.
1%?
0,5%?
Ralph Stoesser

Post by Ralph Stoesser »

Is it because Moron is more successful than Discocheck? It's much cheaper, it has a beautiful GUI and a customer service one can only dream about. Really no contest. I'm a big fan of Moron. It is the first chess engine in the world that offers a training mode without ever showing the move it would play, which is fantastic. It think it is a tad too cheap for what it is though, especially the deep version with the pics.
fern

Post by fern »

Thank you, pal. I still thinks discocheck could get the upper hand in a tourn against Moron, but who knows.
If you consider my price too low, please send a check with an extra amount I leave to your criteria.

Fern
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, I was mistaken because I did not realize at first that you was the world famous author of that magazine.

Let the quarrel stop.

God Save the Queen Regards
Fern
Ralph Stoesser

Post by Ralph Stoesser »