Crafty 24.0

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

RJN

Re: Crafty 24.0

Post by RJN »

Modern Times wrote:
bob wrote: Crafty has changed a LOT. Particularly with all the old spaghetti-code for various O/S/hardware-configs pretty much gone (it now works for unix or windows, period, although "unix" includes linux, solaris, mac os x and such). The message certainly makes it sound like Peter's executable includes instructions your CPU doesn't recognize...
It is odd, because I'm sure it does support all those. I'm not convinced that the download includes the updated compiles. Peter can advise.

His first compiles run fine on my Intel Sandybridge laptop though.
To confirm your machine instructions supported, try CPU-Z

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

It supports SSE3.

Indeed, I have a compile of Crafty 23.8 called crafty-23.8-x64-sse3.exe, and that works fine.
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Modern Times wrote:It supports SSE3.

Indeed, I have a compile of Crafty 23.8 called crafty-23.8-x64-sse3.exe, and that works fine.
Can you run 24.0 in a command window and paste the output there. No rc file or anything..

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

It doesn't open a command windows at all. You double-click it, and there is just a brief flash. The way to find out the problem is to run from the command prompt, and then you can see the error message.
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Modern Times wrote:It doesn't open a command windows at all. You double-click it, and there is just a brief flash. The way to find out the problem is to run from the command prompt, and then you can see the error message.
I said open it IN a command window.. does that work?
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

No, it does not.

Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel(R) X87, CMOV, MMX, FXSAVE, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 instructions.

The processor supports all of those.
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Modern Times wrote:No, it does not.

Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel(R) X87, CMOV, MMX, FXSAVE, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 instructions.

The processor supports all of those.
Ok, let me look into this. I honestly don't know what the issue could be, as you are the only one having a problem.

Peter
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Are there any other Phenom II X6 1090T / 1100T owners who report that it works for them ?
ibid

Post by ibid »

For what it's worth, I get the same error message as you with both exes on a Phenom II X6 1090T and Windows 7...
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

ibid wrote:For what it's worth, I get the same error message as you with both exes on a Phenom II X6 1090T and Windows 7...
Can you both try this version for me?

http://www.kikrtech.com/crafty-23.9-winxpx64.exe.zip

Peter