Would you like Vasik Rajlich to comeback in Computerchess?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Would you like to see Vasik Rajlich to comeback in Computerchess ?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 65

Sedat Canbaz

Re: forgive my ignorance...

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

pilgrimdan wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:No, because this time he will have to copy Stockfish. :D
Remember that,
All Top chess programs are each other studied...
Vas clearly stated that he studied from Fruit, but what about Stockfish programers ?
And do you think that all Stockfish's ideas are based only on Glaurung ?
Come on...don't be too naive please...

But however I am very glad that,
Stockfish is another piece of diamond and plus free, once more I say:
BIG thanks to Stockfish team ! Also to Sugar's author , Komodo's authors, Houdini author...
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: Sedat, do not you have anything else to post about except VR?
It seems you missed to check my previous postings (in 24 -36 hours in Talkchess forum)...I suggest you to open your eyes before posting again naive comments !

Best,
Sedat
'Vas clearly stated that he studied from Fruit'

is that the same thing as saying...

Vas clearly stated that he 'copied' from Fruit
Ok...take it easy, only Rybka is a clone )))

Are you satisfied ?))

And all other rest chess programs are 100% original and based only on own ideas (came from Mars) !!!

But however once more I kindly suggest,
Please post your origin opinions in the origin section (next time)

Thanks in advance

Best,
Sedat
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: forgive my ignorance...

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Sedat Canbaz wrote:
pilgrimdan wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:No, because this time he will have to copy Stockfish. :D
Remember that,
All Top chess programs are each other studied...
Vas clearly stated that he studied from Fruit, but what about Stockfish programers ?
And do you think that all Stockfish's ideas are based only on Glaurung ?
Come on...don't be too naive please...

But however I am very glad that,
Stockfish is another piece of diamond and plus free, once more I say:
BIG thanks to Stockfish team ! Also to Sugar's author , Komodo's authors, Houdini author...
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: Sedat, do not you have anything else to post about except VR?
It seems you missed to check my previous postings (in 24 -36 hours in Talkchess forum)...I suggest you to open your eyes before posting again naive comments !

Best,
Sedat
'Vas clearly stated that he studied from Fruit'

is that the same thing as saying...

Vas clearly stated that he 'copied' from Fruit
Ok...take it easy, only Rybka is a clone )))

Are you satisfied ?))

And all other rest chess programs are 100% original and based only on own ideas (came from Mars) !!!

But however once more I kindly suggest,
Please post your origin opinions in the origin section (next time)

Thanks in advance

Best,
Sedat
Sedat,

I think you deliberately confuse the concept of using ideas and taking code. But aside from that if I took the Stockfish code and managed to improve it by say 100 elo. By changing evaluation and other things am I now the greatest programmer in the world? Even though I would have no idea how to write a Chess engine from a blank sheet of paper.

Any good Chess engine programmer could take the code of another engine and add a lot of elo because they have tricks in their own engine that can be added.
supersharp77

Re: Return Of Rybka 5 ?

Post by supersharp77 »

Jason Coombs
Location: Canada Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like Vasik Rajlich to comeback in Computerches

I would like to see a Rybka 5.

I have no issues with Vasik, and his chess engine.

So, yes!

Best wishes,

Jason
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fernando

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like Vasik Rajlich to comeback in Computerches

Yes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well of course Rybka is a very interesting chess engine........very strong...dynamic.......good late middlegame and endgame player.....great positional program......with some controversy also (lots) with another 5-7 ply depth of search Rybka is back near or on top..people in Rybka forum wait for Rybka 5 but nothing.....posting in talkchess forum accomplishes little because Vas does not either read or post in this arena as far as I know.....it cannot be that difficult to track the man down and ask him directly...he has a contact area on Rybkachess.com or a direct email link.....correct? The best method is to find him and get his direct answer on the question.......AR :) :wink: