VERY SAD NEW

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

VERY SAD NEW

Post by fern »

I have just been told by his wife, Linda, that our pal here for so many years, George Speigh, has passed away.
George added, then, his passing, to several friends of all of us that have died in the last two or three years.
Linda has this mail address for anyone here that would like to send her a word or two:

linpsp8@yahoo.com

I still do not have more details, but as soon as I get them I will let you know.

Fern
Graham Banks

Re: VERY SAD NEW

Post by Graham Banks »

fern wrote:I have just been told by his wife, Linda, that our pal here for so many years, George Speigh, has passed away.
George added, then, his passing, to several friends of all of us that have died in the last two or three years.
Linda has this mail address for anyone here that would like to send her a word or two:

linpsp8@yahoo.com

I still do not have more details, but as soon as I get them I will let you know.

Fern
:cry:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
fern

Post by fern »

Linda have told me that George did not suffer. He was interned in hospital Friday, fall in coma and never awaken from then on. Rest in peace
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

fern wrote:Linda have told me that George did not suffer. He was interned in hospital Friday, fall in coma and never awaken from then on. Rest in peace
That is some consolation at least.
Thanks Fern.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

I HAD noticed he had said he was in a bad state, a few months ago.

Condolences.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

He was very interested in computer chess. Rest in peace George.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Very sad news, may he rest in peace.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

fern wrote:I have just been told by his wife, Linda, that our pal here for so many years, George Speigh, has passed away.

linpsp8@yahoo.com

Fern

Sad news, may he rest in peace.
Ajedrecista

Re: VERY SAD NEWS.

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello:

linpsp8@yahoo.com

Fern
George, Leo, Don and many others that I have read... what a losing streak. My condolences to all their families. At least not all are bad news for CCC members: I remember that Richard Vida shared a while ago with us that he was father for the very first time and there are surely other good news that are not shared here but still exist. :)

Of course R.I.P. to George and company.

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

R.I.P.
David S.