Anyone know when Komodo 9 will be available from Chessbase?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Komodo 8 and 9 disaster ongoing.....

Post by supersharp77 »

This komodo thing looks to be a financial disaster..tiried to download komodo 8 a few months back and had no luck.....only available at the Google store (which I try to avoid at all costs! lol...) tried again to download komodo 8 or 9 last two days to do some simple testing....only available in one place (Google store) in the galaxy had to download a new browser as google store does not work with google web browser?! Once entry to the google store was obtained store said komodo 8 and komodo 9 will not work on my Samsung galaxy (arm5) android phone....so that makes me wonder how much money they are losing on this project. You can't even download it on their own website!! :) :lol: Hilarious escapades with Komodo!!
CositasBuenas

Re: Komodo 8 and 9 disaster ongoing.....

Post by CositasBuenas »

nonsense
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

I emailed you back once you reported you had an issue and suggested what you could try to fix it. But you never emailed back. As for the Google Play Store, it is the largest store for Android Apps, and many hundreds of people have bought versions of Komodo there with no issues. We are more than happy to help you get this working, but you seem more intent on publicly condemning the product.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

mjlef wrote:I emailed you back once you reported you had an issue and suggested what you could try to fix it. But you never emailed back. As for the Google Play Store, it is the largest store for Android Apps, and many hundreds of people have bought versions of Komodo there with no issues. We are more than happy to help you get this working, but you seem more intent on publicly condemning the product.
I am one of the VERY happy and satisfied customers who have purchased both Komodo 8 and 9 from the Google Play Store for my Android phone and tablet! They both work like a charm in the different GUIs I have on my Android systems!

I have had NO problems with Komodo on Android or purchasing/Downloading Komodo from the Google Play Store.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Hi Mark

He is just a troll, and should be ignored. BTW do you plan on releasing Komodo 9 for Ipad Air platform ?
Kind Regards
Damir
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

Mark Lefler ...I emailed you back once you reported you had an issue and suggested what you could try to fix it. But you never emailed back. As for the Google Play Store, it is the largest store for Android Apps, and many hundreds of people have bought versions of Komodo there with no issues. We are more than happy to help you get this working, but you seem more intent on publicly condemning the product.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damir Desevac

Hi Mark

He is just a troll, and should be ignored. BTW do you plan on releasing Komodo 9 for Ipad Air platform ?
Kind Regards
Damir
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why yes I guess when you spend days and hours trying to obtain a product and the only place on Gods green earth you can get it is the "Google Store" it makes you wonder what the heck is going on! As far as "trolling" "Damir Desevac" I guess I am just a concerned future customer and not a "Komodo fanboy".........AR :wink:
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

I have purchased every version.
I never had any problem.
If you do have a problem, a sensible way to resolve it is to work with the producers of the product.
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

We have looked into doing a version for iPhone/iPad. When the person who agreed to do this has time, then we will do it. It seems very had to split the GUI from the engine on these devices, so it will probably require a combined GUI and engine. This will take longer than the Android port. I do not know when though.

Mark
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: Anyone know when Komodo 9 will be available from Chessba

Post by mclane »

Why would anybody want to buy Komodo from chess base with a buggy GUI ?
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Anyone know when Komodo 9 will be available from Chessba

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mclane wrote:Why would anybody want to buy Komodo from chess base with a buggy GUI ?
Even with its bugs,it remains the best GUI overall....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….