A shy Kasparov gives an interview to a beautiful lady, 1992

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lanzo

A shy Kasparov gives an interview to a beautiful lady, 1992

Post by Lanzo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZNNR6lJTl0

Kasparov, who is known globally to become replete with utter contempt and inextinguishable confidence on the chessboard, falls to being nervous when being interviewed by quite a beautiful Argentinian lady in 1992, however...who wouldn't?

(The interview starts at around 2:40)
Sergei

Re: A shy Kasparov gives an interview to a beautiful lady, 1

Post by Sergei »

At 3:30 he said "we have to prepare with computers". And it was back in 1992! Wow!
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

There is no way i would ever shake hands with a woman. (Unless i was intimidated and didn't have time to gain my bearings).
If a Rabbi would say that it is permitted in certain situations (Kissing, for SURE not), it may then be questionable if I would be allowed to voluntarily get into that situation, e.g. to be interviewed on TV, for that reason alone.

But Kasparov can do what he wants.

Re. the game of chess in that vid, well......

Maybe Kasparov was polite and controlled not to make any comment or reaction to his opponents play.
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Lanzo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZNNR6lJTl0

Kasparov, who is known globally to become replete with utter contempt and inextinguishable confidence on the chessboard, falls to being nervous when being interviewed by quite a beautiful Argentinian lady in 1992, however...who wouldn't?

(The interview starts at around 2:40)
Nervous?? It just looks like to me he is turned on by the nice face and her exposing her shapely legs. I would have her sit on my lap and have her whisper in my ear that I am a very bad chess player and that I need a spanking,heehee.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie