(just for fun) Crafty 25.0 JA UCI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

(just for fun) Crafty 25.0 JA UCI

Post by Jim Ablett »

These windows binaries are actually Crafty winboard + Wb2Uci wrapped up in a single executable file created using Enigma Virtual Box software.
Please be aware if you wish to try these that your antivirus may take action because basically they act as an executable with a payload, that payload being crafty+wb2uci. Also they won't function properly from the command line just as wb2uci adapter won't.

http://tinyurl.com/zk23drz

Jim.
IWB

Re: (just for fun) Crafty 25.0 JA UCI

Post by IWB »

I would be willing to give it a try - but "MEGA" forces me to use another external program to download it. I am not willing to install something to download it, sorry. (Especially not MEGA)
If you could put it somewhere else ...

Thanks anyhow, I like the idea of a "seamless" UCI-Crafty.
Reading the problems here about configuring it properly with WB config files makes me laugh. From a user perspective there is still nothing like UCI. Programmers might have a point here and there but if you want your programm being actually used (by normal people) ....

Bye
Ingo
Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

Hi Ingo,

There is an option on Mega below the browser addon links that lets you download through your browser normally without addons.

Jim.
IWB

Post by IWB »

Jim Ablett wrote:Hi Ingo,

There is an option on Mega below the browser addon links that lets you download through your browser normally without addons.

Jim.
Found it thanks!

But different Versions for Ponder ON and OFF and then a new version for 1,2,4,6,8 and 16 cores? I guess this is due to the needed WB config file ... :lol:

3 and 12 core versions are missing. Some use only 3 cores to do something else on their Quad and there are 12 core machines ...

Thanks anyhow
Ingo
Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

Yes, config files can't be edited once they are part of the binary so lots of different builds needed.
If there is a demand for 3 & 12 core versions I will update the download package.

Jim.
IWB

Post by IWB »

Jim Ablett wrote:Yes, config files can't be edited once they are part of the binary so lots of different builds needed.
If there is a demand for 3 & 12 core versions I will update the download package.

Jim.
I think the most important versions are in. I like to use 3 cores from time to time, but some might need 5 or 7 or 11 or 15 as well ... it might never end ...

And yes, Windows 10 warned me about it, but it does it with any new engine exe I start. It is easy to override.

Thanks again for your try. But I have to say a real UCI Crafty would be much more easy to use.

Regards
Ingo
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Thanks Jim!

Yours was the only version I got to work under Aquarium as UCI.

You've got the touch.
Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

Glad it works for you Carl.

I have updated the package. There are now binaries compiled to use cores from 1-16.

Jim.
Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

I've re-done the whole package. I forgot to add matescore fix and a few other things.

New download link:

http://tinyurl.com/zx4yurl

Jim.