cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
ilari
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by ilari » Sun May 15, 2016 9:35 am

Hi,

It's time for a new cutechess-cli release, this time with a lot of improvements: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /cli-0.8.0

Check the README.md for links to the binaries for Linux 64-bit, OSX 64-bit and Windows 64-bit: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /README.md
I don't know if anyone needs a 32-bit x86 version anymore, but if you do, please let me know. And if you find bugs, please report them, preferably by opening a new issue at our Github page.

In the coming months we'll put most of our effort on the GUI which is progressing nicely and will hopefully see its first official release this year.

Best Regards,
Ilari

Joerg Oster
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: Germany

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by Joerg Oster » Sun May 15, 2016 9:38 am

Thank you!
Looking forward to the first official release of the GUI. :D
Jörg Oster

User avatar
Ozymandias
Posts: 1137
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 am

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by Ozymandias » Sun May 15, 2016 10:39 am

I'll we making the switch, from the September build I'm currently using, in the coming weeks. I will report any bug I may find.

Look
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 pm
Location: Iran
Full name: Mehdi Amini
Contact:

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by Look » Tue May 17, 2016 6:59 am

ilari wrote:Hi,

It's time for a new cutechess-cli release, this time with a lot of improvements: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /cli-0.8.0

Check the README.md for links to the binaries for Linux 64-bit, OSX 64-bit and Windows 64-bit: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /README.md
I don't know if anyone needs a 32-bit x86 version anymore, but if you do, please let me know. And if you find bugs, please report them, preferably by opening a new issue at our Github page.

In the coming months we'll put most of our effort on the GUI which is progressing nicely and will hopefully see its first official release this year.

Best Regards,
Ilari
Greetings,

On my 64-bit windows 7, after running cutechess-cli.exe, I get msvcp140.dll missing. Maybe according to internet, you should statically link this project.

User avatar
ilari
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by ilari » Tue May 17, 2016 9:18 am

SzG wrote:Thanks for the release, Ilari.

One question: book can be set to PGN or EPD but with the book command I have to give the path to a polyglot book. I'm confused.
In cutechess terminology an opening book is a Polyglot book which can be set via the "book" engine option. PGN and EPD suites are called "opening suites" and can be set via the "-openings" parameter (not an engine option). Run "cutechess-cli --help" for details, or check the HTML-formatted readme files.

User avatar
ilari
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by ilari » Tue May 17, 2016 9:21 am

Look wrote: Greetings,

On my 64-bit windows 7, after running cutechess-cli.exe, I get msvcp140.dll missing. Maybe according to internet, you should statically link this project.
As Gabor said, msvcp140.dll is included in the package, but only since I updated it about a day after release. So you may have to download again.

Look
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 pm
Location: Iran
Full name: Mehdi Amini
Contact:

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by Look » Tue May 17, 2016 11:37 am

ilari wrote:
Look wrote: Greetings,

On my 64-bit windows 7, after running cutechess-cli.exe, I get msvcp140.dll missing. Maybe according to internet, you should statically link this project.
As Gabor said, msvcp140.dll is included in the package, but only since I updated it about a day after release. So you may have to download again.
This time api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.

Mincho Georgiev
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:44 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by Mincho Georgiev » Tue May 17, 2016 2:01 pm

I no longer get "The pipe engine reader was terminated". What was it?

User avatar
ilari
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by ilari » Tue May 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Mincho Georgiev wrote:I no longer get "The pipe engine reader was terminated". What was it?
It happened when the thread that was reading input from an engine exited before the engine process. I think I fixed it a long time ago.

Mincho Georgiev
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:44 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by Mincho Georgiev » Tue May 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Thank you!

Post Reply