cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ilari

cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by ilari »

Hi,

It's time for a new cutechess-cli release, this time with a lot of improvements: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /cli-0.8.0

Check the README.md for links to the binaries for Linux 64-bit, OSX 64-bit and Windows 64-bit: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /README.md
I don't know if anyone needs a 32-bit x86 version anymore, but if you do, please let me know. And if you find bugs, please report them, preferably by opening a new issue at our Github page.

In the coming months we'll put most of our effort on the GUI which is progressing nicely and will hopefully see its first official release this year.

Best Regards,
Ilari
Joerg Oster

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by Joerg Oster »

Thank you!
Looking forward to the first official release of the GUI. :D
Jörg Oster
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

I'll we making the switch, from the September build I'm currently using, in the coming weeks. I will report any bug I may find.
Look
Full name: Mehdi Amini

Post by Look »

ilari wrote:Hi,

It's time for a new cutechess-cli release, this time with a lot of improvements: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /cli-0.8.0

Check the README.md for links to the binaries for Linux 64-bit, OSX 64-bit and Windows 64-bit: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /README.md
I don't know if anyone needs a 32-bit x86 version anymore, but if you do, please let me know. And if you find bugs, please report them, preferably by opening a new issue at our Github page.

In the coming months we'll put most of our effort on the GUI which is progressing nicely and will hopefully see its first official release this year.

Best Regards,
Ilari
Greetings,

On my 64-bit windows 7, after running cutechess-cli.exe, I get msvcp140.dll missing. Maybe according to internet, you should statically link this project.
Farewell.
ilari

Post by ilari »

SzG wrote:Thanks for the release, Ilari.

One question: book can be set to PGN or EPD but with the book command I have to give the path to a polyglot book. I'm confused.
In cutechess terminology an opening book is a Polyglot book which can be set via the "book" engine option. PGN and EPD suites are called "opening suites" and can be set via the "-openings" parameter (not an engine option). Run "cutechess-cli --help" for details, or check the HTML-formatted readme files.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Look wrote: Greetings,

On my 64-bit windows 7, after running cutechess-cli.exe, I get msvcp140.dll missing. Maybe according to internet, you should statically link this project.
As Gabor said, msvcp140.dll is included in the package, but only since I updated it about a day after release. So you may have to download again.
Look
Full name: Mehdi Amini

Post by Look »

ilari wrote:
Look wrote: Greetings,

As Gabor said, msvcp140.dll is included in the package, but only since I updated it about a day after release. So you may have to download again.
This time api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.
Farewell.
Mincho Georgiev

Post by Mincho Georgiev »

I no longer get "The pipe engine reader was terminated". What was it?
ilari

Post by ilari »

Mincho Georgiev wrote:I no longer get "The pipe engine reader was terminated". What was it?
It happened when the thread that was reading input from an engine exited before the engine process. I think I fixed it a long time ago.
Mincho Georgiev

Post by Mincho Georgiev »

Thank you!