Hannibal 1.7

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

BubbaTough

Re: Hannibal 1.7

Post by BubbaTough »

MikeGL wrote:
Edsel Apostol wrote:What OS are you using? We don't have 32 bit OS anymore so that was not tested.
Windows XP 32 bit.

:oops: pgado daan :oops:

I can try with 64 bit OS, but its not Windows. :lol:
I have to do a new compile for xp. I can do it tomorrow.

Sam
Edsel Apostol
Full name: Edsel Apostol

Post by Edsel Apostol »

MikeGL wrote:
Edsel Apostol wrote:What OS are you using? We don't have 32 bit OS anymore so that was not tested.
Windows XP 32 bit.

Ilonggo ka man? :)
MikeGL

Post by MikeGL »

BubbaTough wrote:
MikeGL wrote:
Windows XP 32 bit.

I have to do a new compile for xp. I can do it tomorrow.

Sam
Thanks Sam and Edsel. Excited to try out your engine.
Kind regards

p.s.
oo ed, karay-a takun ; )
check your private msg inbox
IWB

Post by IWB »

Just to finish that topic:

3520 games with 10 losses on time. With a performance of 44% that would be about 4 point more in total (in average). That is about 0.3% performance loss ... nothing I would worry about!

Ingo
rainhaus
Full name: Rainer Neuhäusler

Post by rainhaus »

You have my respect for keeping your promise so right on time :!: http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ghlight=me
Simply because of historical reasons Hannibal is to be expected that the pyrenees must not be an obstacle. In this case the engine will push Andscas (from Andorra, Pyrenees) from the 10th place and Naum does not longer belong to the top 16 of the Ipon list.
Subject to the requirement that Hannibal is the Carthaginian commander who crossed the alps and not the cannibalic serial killer!
cdani

Post by cdani »

:-)
Edsel Apostol
Full name: Edsel Apostol

Post by Edsel Apostol »

IWB wrote:Just to finish that topic:

3520 games with 10 losses on time. With a performance of 44% that would be about 4 point more in total (in average). That is about 0.3% performance loss ... nothing I would worry about!

Ingo
Thanks Ingo! Nice to see it in the top 10. Hopefully Daniel don't release new Andscacs soon, else will be out of the top 10. :)
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

I tried a compile for Windows XP. Message me if you want to beta test it for me. As soon as someone tells us it works, we will include it in the download package.

-Sam
MikeGL

Post by MikeGL »

BubbaTough wrote:I tried a compile for Windows XP. Message me if you want to beta test it for me. As soon as someone tells us it works, we will include it in the download package.

-Sam
Hi Sam,

I am willing to beta test your new Hannibal 1.7 engine. Not sure what are the pre-requisites to qualify though.

But I have a bunch of test suites and games which I could use to check. Most of my test suites are taken from public domain although I have some of my own too, which was slightly tweaked positions from my actual games. I have also just replied to your private msg.

Thanks in advance
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

cdani wrote:Just to comment it, I leave unused upto 3 x increment time, so should be impossible that Andscacs loses on time. If it happens is something of the operating system.
Or a busy PC doing other things.