Stockfish 8 no test on inwoba.de

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Stockfish 8 no test on inwoba.de

Post by Damir »

Where is Ingo to test Stockfish 8 ? Has it been New Komodo or some other engine he would have started the test immidiately.
Now that Stockfish 8 is released he is sleeping... Just a coincidence ?
I think not..
IWB

Re: Stockfish 8 no test on inwoba.de

Post by IWB »

Damir wrote:Where is Ingo to test Stockfish 8 ? Has it been New Komodo or some other engine he would have started the test immidiately.
I think not..
You are right, neither it is coincidence nor are you thinking - you assume! And you know what they say about people who assume ...

Test is running of course and is finished in a few hours. I just don't have the possibility to do everything from my phone.
IWB

Post by IWB »

After thinking a bit about this I found another reason:

Latest in 2 weeks (!) I will get an email that I HAVE to test the latest SF because it is incedibly better than the latest release and it gets worse if you see all the different derivates and/or compiles. People seems to think that another compiler/option is the gateway to a new universe.

Regarding SF, in short, I have the blues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fk2prKnYnI

Ingo

PS: I am not sure if the link works, try "bb King, the thrill is gone"!
PPS: Sorry to spoil the soup, the problem isn't Stockfish, it's the inviroment they support - with the whole concept, which has it ups (!) and downs (!!)
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Damir wrote:Where is Ingo to test Stockfish 8 ? Has it been New Komodo or some other engine he would have started the test immidiately.
I think not..
Thank you for getting to the bottom of this great engine conspiracy.
tpoppins

Post by tpoppins »

And he got there before Sean, Anil and Kostas had even an inkling that something was wrong.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

IWB wrote:After thinking a bit about this I found another reason:

Latest in 2 weeks (!) I will get an email that I HAVE to test the latest SF because it is incedibly better than the latest release and it gets worse if you see all the different derivates and/or compiles. People seems to think that another compiler/option is the gateway to a new universe.

Ingo

PPS: Sorry to spoil the soup, the problem isn't Stockfish, it's the inviroment they support - with the whole concept, which has it ups (!) and downs (!!)

I don't get your point. This is the official SF release.
If you only want to test one version test the official release, if you want to test two then add Pendant/asmfish.

Either way it's far fewer than the number of Komodo releases to test.
APassionForCriminalJustic

Post by APassionForCriminalJustic »

IWB wrote:After thinking a bit about this I found another reason:

Ingo

You're trying to make an argument that does not exist. Who gives a crap if people email you claiming this or that. What you should obviously be doing is testing the OFFICIAL release(s) of Stockfish. It is absolutely your choice if you want to test faster Stockfish versions such as asmFish, Cfish, or the Ultimaiq Stockfish compiles. For the integrity of your rating list - you should absolutely have the world's best engine up there. You had both Shredder and Komodo on your list within, what, one day of their release?! It has been a number of days since Stockfish 8 had been released. Where is it? Do not blame this on some "Stockfish blues". Ignore the emails; stick to the official release(s).
styx

Post by styx »

It really doesn't matter what you all think. If Ingo decides to publish the results tomorrow, in a week, in a month or never, you all have to deal with it. He owes us nothing.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

No he does not owe us anything. But his list clearly gives the wrong impression of which engine is on top at the moment. He can not cherry pick what engine he wants to test, and which one he does not..
Clearly the odds are not in Stockfish 8 favour, because it is much stronger than Komodo 10.2, and unlike Komodo is also free
He can always test Komodo 10.2 or later against obsolete Stockfish 7... :lol:
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

The demands that people make of other people's time and money is amusing.