Fire 5 is out!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

velmarin

Re: Fire 5 is out!

Post by velmarin »

No, these are the major strings.
"/8/8/8/8/8/8/"" w - - 0 10"

Code: Select all

string fen =  sides[0] + char(8 - sides[0].length() + '0') + "/8/8/8/8/8/8/"
                + sides[1] + char(8 - sides[1].length() + '0') + " w - - 0 10";
Followed by these involving how a dozen or more functions.

Endgames::Endgames() {

add<KPK>("KPK");
  add<KNNK>("KNNK");
  add<KBNK>("KBNK");
  add<KRKP>("KRKP");
  add<KRKB>("KRKB");
  add<KRKN>("KRKN");
  add<KQKP>("KQKP");
  add<KQKR>("KQKR");

add<KNPK>("KNPK");
  add<KNPKB>("KNPKB");
  add<KRPKR>("KRPKR");
  add<KRPKB>("KRPKB");
  add<KBPKB>("KBPKB");
  add<KBPKN>("KBPKN");
  add<KBPPKB>("KBPPKB");
  add<KRPPKRP>("KRPPKRP");
&#125;
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

velmarin wrote:No, these are the major strings.

string fen =  sides&#91;0&#93; + char&#40;8 - sides&#91;0&#93;.length&#40;) + '0') + "/8/8/8/8/8/8/"
                + sides&#91;1&#93; + char&#40;8 - sides&#91;1&#93;.length&#40;) + '0') + " w - - 0 10";
Followed by these involving how a dozen or more functions.

Endgames&#58;&#58;Endgames&#40;) &#123;

add<KPK>("KPK");
  add<KNNK>("KNNK");
  add<KBNK>("KBNK");
  add<KRKP>("KRKP");
  add<KRKB>("KRKB");
  add<KRKN>("KRKN");
  add<KQKP>("KQKP");
  add<KQKR>("KQKR");

add<KNPK>("KNPK");
  add<KNPKB>("KNPKB");
  add<KRPKR>("KRPKR");
  add<KRPKB>("KRPKB");
  add<KBPKB>("KBPKB");
  add<KBPKN>("KBPKN");
  add<KBPPKB>("KBPPKB");
  add<KRPPKRP>("KRPPKRP");
&#125;
Well, like I said. pnbrqk. Nothing special about the strings.
But 8/8/8/8.... w - - 0 10;
10 seems weird, I don't see any reason to have 10 here. 1 or whatever would be just fine.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

mar wrote: But 8/8/8/8.... w - - 0 10;
10 seems weird, I don't see any reason to have 10 here. 1 or whatever would be just fine.
You know much more than me, I am an amateur next to you.

But this is the code Stockfish, and causing the departure of "strings" in the executable, present in all derivatives.

// Get the material key of Position out of the given endgame key code
  // like "KBPKN". The trick here is to first forge an ad-hoc FEN string
  // and then let a Position object do the work for us.
  Key key&#40;const string& code, Color c&#41; &#123;

assert&#40;code.length&#40;) > 0 && code.length&#40;) < 8&#41;;
    assert&#40;code&#91;0&#93; == 'K');

string sides&#91;&#93; = &#123; code.substr&#40;code.find&#40;'K', 1&#41;),      // Weak
                       code.substr&#40;0, code.find&#40;'K', 1&#41;) &#125;; // Strong

std&#58;&#58;transform&#40;sides&#91;c&#93;.begin&#40;), sides&#91;c&#93;.end&#40;), sides&#91;c&#93;.begin&#40;), tolower&#41;;

string fen =  sides&#91;0&#93; + char&#40;8 - sides&#91;0&#93;.length&#40;) + '0') + "/8/8/8/8/8/8/"
                + sides&#91;1&#93; + char&#40;8 - sides&#91;1&#93;.length&#40;) + '0') + " w - - 0 10";

StateInfo st;
    return Position&#40;).set&#40;fen, false, &st, nullptr&#41;.material_key&#40;);
  &#125;
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

mar wrote:
velmarin wrote:No, these are the major strings.

To be a little bit pedantic, the order of "the major strings" in Fire is different:

position w - - 0 10 /8/8/8/8/8/8/ KPK KNNK KBNK KRKP KRKB KRKN KQKP KQKR KNPK KNPKB KRPKR KRPKB KBPKB KBPKN KBPPKB KRPPKRP map/set<T> 
mar

Post by mar »

velmarin wrote:You know much more than me, I am an amateur next to you.
Well, I don't consider myself an expert, just hobyist.
What I wanted to say is that in my engine, game move number is really just
informative, there's no logic that would operate on absolute move number.

Maybe they do this in SF though, perhaps for time management. But still why choose 10 over any other number is beyond me.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
velmarin wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote: I'd like to see which strings except the 16 endgame identifier are from Stockfish.
No, if that not is enough evidence for you,
I am not going to argue with a wall.
I was seriously asking, you told there is much more than this endgame identifiers. There are several ways how they could get into Fire and they are not enough to be sure that Stockfish code was copied.
Sometimes history (an enormous history of wrong-doing) should be really enough for scepticism...
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 24&t=29581
mar

Post by mar »

Guenther wrote:Sometimes history (an enormous history of wrong-doing) should be really enough for scepticism...
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 24&t=29581
Well, we have Norman and Munter (neverending story) and of course others. But there's a difference between believing something and actually proving something.
What I think is irrelevant - unless someone actually decompiles Fire 5 to prove it's a clone or close derivative of SF... Not much to talk about until then.

And btw how is Wegner an authority here?
His ZCT had DTS, so buggy that it was even worse than on single core - so please don't feed me with the prodigy/world champion stuff.

His "evidence" against R (the only famous thing) was science fiction; I personally prefer Phillip K. Dick
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Guenther wrote:Sometimes history (an enormous history of wrong-doing) should be really enough for scepticism...
Sceptism is fine. But it shouldn't lead to different standards. Especially from someone who himself released 2 clones as own work.
rainhaus
Full name: Rainer Neuhäusler

Post by rainhaus »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Sceptism is fine. But it shouldn't lead to different standards. Especially from someone who himself released 2 clones as own work.
Really, I didn't know that Günther Simon is a chess programer. What engine, some old Windboard journeyman's piece or are opening books the matter ? Is that verifiable ? I haven't found any hint on CPW or CCW.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

rainhaus wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Really, I didn't know that Günther Simon is a chess programer. What engine, some old Windboard journeyman's piece or are opening books the matter ? Is that verifiable ? I haven't found any hint on CPW or CCW.
Alexander was referring to Jose.