Stockfish archive

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

garretellisallen

Stockfish archive

Post by garretellisallen »

I have Stockfish for iOS 2.13.0 as an app on my iPhone 5s. I have recently been saving all my over-the-board games into the game file titled "My games". However, I realize I have made small mistakes, plus other information I want to change (location, player names, etc.). Unfortunately, I have not found a way to change this information without re-entering the entire game, nor have I found a way to change the order that the saved games are in. So essentially, I would have to start over from the beginning unless there is a way to fix these problems. Does anyone know of one?
MikeB

Re: Stockfish archive

Post by MikeB »

garretellisallen wrote:I have Stockfish for iOS 2.13.0 as an app on my iPhone 5s. I have recently been saving all my over-the-board games into the game file titled "My games". However, I realize I have made small mistakes, plus other information I want to change (location, player names, etc.). Unfortunately, I have not found a way to change this information without re-entering the entire game, nor have I found a way to change the order that the saved games are in. So essentially, I would have to start over from the beginning unless there is a way to fix these problems. Does anyone know of one?
No easy fix, but make all your changes outside the app , even on desktop computer, then copy the game ( for the Mac you can use splashtop) , copy the game while in splashtop, open stockfish, it will ask you if you want to load the game and then save it in the app. It would not be too bad if it's less than 50 games.
garretellisallen

Post by garretellisallen »

I appreciate the quick response, and I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by kinderchocolate »

Very hard to change the game in a mobile device. Connect your iPhone to iTunes, copy the game from the Documents folder. Use your computer to do the changes then copy the new file back.