New Chess Graphics for Chess for Android

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

abik
Full name: Aart Bik

New Chess Graphics for Chess for Android

Post by abik »

Thanks to Bryan Whitby, who very kindly gave me permission to use his awesome chess graphics in Chess for Android, I am about to release a new version with these additional sets (Modern and Russian). I am very thankful, since these graphics look really good, and combine well with the various board types already supported. So, expect an updated on Android Play and my website really soon! And, thank you Bryan!

Image Image
supersharp77

Re: New Chess Graphics for Chess for Android

Post by supersharp77 »

abik wrote:I am about to release a new version with these additional sets (Modern and Russian). I am very thankful, since these graphics look really good, and combine well with the various board types already supported. So, expect an updated on Android Play and my website really soon! And, thank you Bryan!

Image Image
The first one reminds me of the board in ChessGenius for android..the second one is a bit unusual...I mostly use the blue board with the white and black pieces...but a USCF color board medium green and off white squares could be very useful to look at for long tournaments...The Mayura board and pieces is very pleasing along with the Shredder light wood set...(easy to look at).......Thx for the app....AR :D
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

I initially designed both sets for Richard Lang's ChessGenius handheld computers.
Richard still uses my original Modern set whilst Aart will use a slightly updated version.
The Russian pieces were designed as an additional set for a recent ChessGenius update only Richard's are silver & black and Aart's are Brown & Silver.
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
abik

Post by abik »

With repeated thanks to Bryan Whitby, and sorry for the long delay, version 5.2.5 is now available on Google Play.
Gurcan Uckardes

Post by Gurcan Uckardes »

Aart, as usual, may we ask for the network version of CfA?
My blog for Android users: http://chesstroid.blogspot.com
abik

Post by abik »

Gurcan Uckardes wrote:Aart, as usual, may we ask for the network version of CfA?
Wow, this completely slipped my attention. I have put the latest APKs (plain and network) with the additional piece sets on my Android website.
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

abik wrote:Thanks to Bryan Whitby, who very kindly gave me permission to use his awesome chess graphics in Chess for Android, I am about to release a new version with these additional sets (Modern and Russian). I am very thankful, since these graphics look really good, and combine well with the various board types already supported. So, expect an updated on Android Play and my website really soon! And, thank you Bryan!

Image Image
YUK! Just use the standard three ChessBase sets.
Robert Pope

Post by Robert Pope »

Sean Evans wrote:
abik wrote:Thanks to Bryan Whitby, who very kindly gave me permission to use his awesome chess graphics in Chess for Android, I am about to release a new version with these additional sets (Modern and Russian). I am very thankful, since these graphics look really good, and combine well with the various board types already supported. So, expect an updated on Android Play and my website really soon! And, thank you Bryan!

Image Image
Are you planning to buy the rights to them for us?
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Robert Pope wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:

Image Image
Are you planning to buy the rights to them for us?
They are not copyright protected.