Carlsen has a girlfriend!

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Carlsen has a girlfriend!

Post by Ras »

Just stumbled across that one. OK, that's yellow press, but at least, it's about the world chess champion.

http://www.vg.no/sport/magnus-carlsen/m ... /23953792/

My translation (Norwegian is my third foreign language):

Carlsen has a beloved one!

Chess star Magnus Carlsen (26) is in a relationship, his manager confirms. Carlsen's private Facebook profile reveals that he entered a new relationship with Synne Christin Larsen (22) on Valentine's Day (FEB-14).

"I can just say that's true, but otherwise, Magnus doesn't want to say much more," Carlsen's manager Espen Agdestein says to [the publishing newspaper] VG.

Acording to the local newspaper "Vesterålen Online", Larsen is from the small village Alsvåg, Øksnes commune in Nordland.

The love life of the threefold world champion has been a mystery for a long time. In november 2013, he cryptically answered "we'll see" when an Indian journalist asked when Carlsen would disclose the name of his beloved one.

In 2014, there were rumors that there might be more between Carlsen and Kate Murphy, CEO of the game "Play Magnus".

"It's funny that people believe that, but it's not true," Murphy said and laughed when VG took up the rumors of romance.

In an interview with The Guardian in 2013, Carlsen told about what kind of girls he doesn't like.

"I really dislike being out and meeting girls who start to talk about how they played chess with their grandfathers when they were young. I can't stand that. It's boring. I'd prefer to talk about anything else," he said.

Carlsen took up love life when we got featured by Hans Olav Lahlum in VG Weekend before the WC in 2013. Then he indicated "single" as civil status.

"I purposely didn't opt for long term relationships as to keep completely focused on chess. It isn't easy to combine a relationship with travelling and competing as much as I do now," said Carlsen, who confirmed that he had several short term relationships - and added that he might "reconsider" the plan not to engage in long term relationships.
Sean Evans

Re: Carlsen has a girlfriend!

Post by Sean Evans »

With Carlsen's strange hairdo's I thought he was gay! May be he is bi-sexual?
CheckersGuy

Post by CheckersGuy »

Sean Evans wrote:With Carlsen's strange hairdo's I thought he was gay! May be he is bi-sexual?
Since when is the hair an indicator for being gay ? :lol:
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Sean Evans wrote:With Carlsen's strange hairdo's I thought he was gay!
Why, strange haircut is pretty trendy these days. In some countries, even for presidents. :lol:
tttony

Post by tttony »

Now we can say that she was promoted to a Queen :D
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Sean Evans wrote:With Carlsen's strange hairdo's I thought he was gay! May be he is bi-sexual?
I think it needs a comb/brush,heehee.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
gerold

Post by gerold »

reflectionofpower wrote:
Playing Chess and also having a gal playing with his hair he just doesn't have time to comb his hair. :)
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

gerold wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Playing Chess and also having a gal playing with his hair he just doesn't have time to comb his hair. :)
The $64,000 question and I think we all know the answer,"If your girl said,"Either it's me in the bedroom or you can be alone with the board tonight"

Those chess pieces & that prestigious board would go flying off the desk and I am grabbing my girl and kicking the door in, game over! heehee
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

No reasonably smart girl would ever say that. And if she did, bye bye.

Not for nerdish reasons, but because one cannot allow being blackmailed :D
Ponti

Post by Ponti »

A doctor's advice: love may harm your chess development, _unless_ you are already the world champion !
:lol:
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931