Houdini 6.02

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

noctiferus

Houdini 6.02

Post by noctiferus »

is out. Ready for download: I received the mail from Houdart.
It has link to polyglot books including Cerebellum.
Nordlandia

Re: Houdini 6.02

Post by Nordlandia »

Is the update merged with the first download link received through email.

In outlook i get notified about new update, but no new download link available.
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

you should find Houdart's mail containing the original link to houdini6 dowload.
With this link you are now directed to the setup for H6.2, even if the engines name is still Houd6.
When you do the installation, ,Houdart says to overwrite the old engine.
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

For Houdini 6 updates I'm sending announcements without download links, so that the mail triggers less spam filters. So far it appears to be effective.
Below the full text of the announcement.

The Houdini 6.02 update is now available.
The update provides support for Polyglot opening books.
There is no change in the playing strength, Houdini 6.02 produces the same analysis as the original Houdini 6. If you have no use for Polyglot book support, there is no need for upgrading.

You can download the Houdini 6.02 Setup with the same download link as before, it now contains the Houdini 6.02 package.
We recommend that you run the Setup without removing the old installation so that you will simply overwrite the older version. Just make sure that no Houdini 6 engine is running or loaded in memory when you run the Setup.

List of Changes in Houdini 6.02
- Support for Polyglot opening books has been added, including support for Cerebellum Polyglot books with multiple moves.
Consult the section "3.4 Game Play" in the User's Manual for a full description of the new UCI parameters "Own Book", "Book File" and "Best Book Line".