Komodo is now set to come top in stage one of TCEC 10

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mjlef

Re: Komodo is now set to come top in stage one of TCEC 10

Post by mjlef »

carldaman wrote:
leavenfish wrote:What I want to know is:

1. Will Komodo offer a DIFFERENT VERSION for round 2?
2. If so...why? Perhaps just a version with a contempt adjustment suited to the new competition?
3. PLEASE make these development versions available to subscribers. Just say on the download page: Subscribers - development version only, will not be supported. and we will be happy.
+1 I've suggested this in the past, also.
I have considered doing this a few times. The issue is that there is a lot that goes into Komodo release. Writing up the new instruction pages. Making Linux, Mac OSX, Android versions, update the website.... things that take up other people's time.

What I could consider is just releasing a single Windows 64 bit version (or maybe a win 64 plus WIn 64 BMI2 version), and offer no support. And versions that are even regressions might get out. Is this going to annoy Linux, OSX and Android users who would only get "official" releases?. If enough people are willing to have this limited release (as part of their subscription), then maybe we can do it. Once I get feedback I can talk to Larry.

Mark
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

gotogo wrote:12.73 stockfish eval vajolet eval 8.38 when tcec rule kicked in and game called! stockfish won tcec rule! look at the score it tells the story!

booot eval -8.42 fizbo eval -12.68 fizbo was black why wasn't tcec rule awarded to fizbo at that point?

it is a direct comparison of two games, and fizbo got the short end of the stick with the same eval that was called in favor of stockfish!
You should read the TCEC rules sometime instead of raging here making up conspiracy theories.

And somehow you managed to post an example of TCEC favoring Stockfish (not really) and used that to support your argument that they were favoring Komodo. Sounds legit.
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

mjlef wrote:
carldaman wrote:

2. If so...why? Perhaps just a version with a contempt adjustment suited to the new competition?
3. PLEASE make these development versions available to subscribers. Just say on the download page: Subscribers - development version only, will not be supported. and we will be happy.
I have considered doing this a few times. The issue is that there is a lot that goes into Komodo release. Writing up the new instruction pages. Making Linux, Mac OSX, Android versions, update the website.... things that take up other people's time.

What I could consider is just releasing a single Windows 64 bit version (or maybe a win 64 plus WIn 64 BMI2 version), and offer no support. And versions that are even regressions might get out. Is this going to annoy Linux, OSX and Android users who would only get "official" releases?. If enough people are willing to have this limited release (as part of their subscription), then maybe we can do it. Once I get feedback I can talk to Larry.

Mark
Just fire up the lizardtest framework and give people daily builds of Komodo with a subscription. :D
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

mjlef wrote:
carldaman wrote:

Mark
Sounds good...and I don't think most of us would think of versions actually being used for specific tournaments as 'experimental versions' (which are being tested all the time) but your best shot at winning those tournaments.
gotogo

Post by gotogo »

The conspiracy stands the outcome of the fizbo game was called to favor komodo! T
he outcome of the stockfish game should have been the same for fizbo!
Your bias makes it hard for you to see!
I see the rules I also see the scores and fizbo should not have had to answer with such a score!
Guys like you are so far up komodos ass that when he farts you get freckles!

Games like these are reasons I will never support TCEC!
Their banning rules suck too!
You can't have an opinion if it's not agreeable with TCEC!

Go ahead and argue the point but the fact is the scores are relevant to each game! Nothing was in favor of stockfish! Stockfish's eval was exactly thje same as fizbo and therefore fizbo should have been awarded the win! fizbo got the shaft!

later freckles
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

gotogo wrote:The conspiracy stands the outcome of the fizbo game was called to favor komodo! T
he outcome of the stockfish game should have been the same for fizbo!
Your bias makes it hard for you to see!
I see the rules I also see the scores and fizbo should not have had to answer with such a score!
Guys like you are so far up komodos ass that when he farts you get freckles!

Games like these are reasons I will never support TCEC!
Their banning rules suck too!
You can't have an opinion if it's not agreeable with TCEC!

Go ahead and argue the point but the fact is the scores are relevant to each game! Nothing was in favor of stockfish! Stockfish's eval was exactly thje same as fizbo and therefore fizbo should have been awarded the win! fizbo got the shaft!

later freckles
Hello ARB, still not banned ?