Greatest hoax ever

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

What is the greatest hoax ever?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:32 pm

The earth is not flat
10%
Nasa put a man on the moon
17%
Alpha0 defeated Stockfish
21%
I don't know
2%
None of the above
29%
LOL
21%

Total votes: 48

kranium

Greatest hoax ever

Post by kranium »

Please chose 1:
MikeGL

Re: Greatest hoax ever

Post by MikeGL »

The earth is not flat

:lol:

That's really funny. So you mean you honestly think Earth is Flat?
cheers!
Milos

Post by Milos »

You missed the option, Norman is bored so he's trolling a bit :D.
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

It's obviously number 2, but not because of the cheap conspiracy theory with the faked moon landing. I mean, of course the landing was faked, but that's not the point.

The tides are in fact effects of a secret weapon system of the US Navy. To cover that up, they invented the moon and claimed it was the cause. Since that was a big shot, they wanted to be sure nobody would notice, so they faked the moon landing to cover up the cover-up. The following discussion has revolved around the landings, successfully distracting from questioning the moon itself.

You see, nothing is as good to cover up a conspiracy as another conspiracy; though sometimes, it's also the other way around. 8-)
Last edited by Ras on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

I guess this is not off topic since it is in the poll, lol. On Dec 20,21 every year the southern tip of Argentina receives 17+ hours of continuous daylight. On the flat earth model that is absolutely impossible. And yet on a spherical earth it is not only possible it is expected and observed. I have posted this as a question a couple dozen times at least and never got a reply back, not once. Also there is a yacht race that starts in Australia that circumnavigates Antarctica. The race is about 14,000 nautical miles (not 40,000) and progress is reported on the news and in publications and there are spotters along the route recording the progress. It is real and not a conspiracy. The earth is a globe :!:

Don't get me started about the moon landings!!!

Did A0 defeat SF? Yes, using the same technique Romi beat Rybka 11 years ago and the same way Romi can beat single threaded SF today. What does that mean? It means that A0 can defeat SF by using a learn file. Does it mean that A0 is stronger than SF? NO! It just means that SF can be beaten by the clever use of a learn file. And SF could gain 10 elo minimum until saturation for every 1,000 games it played if it had a learn file like Romi's or A0's.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

The answer is please post a link to Fire 6.2 :D
Paul Bedrey

Post by Paul Bedrey »

Global Warming.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Ras wrote:It's obviously number 2, but not because of the cheap conspiracy theory with the faked moon landing. I mean, of course the landing was faked, but that's not the point.

The tides are in fact effects of a secret weapon system of the US Navy. To cover that up, they invented the moon and claimed it was the cause. Since that was a big shot, they wanted to be sure nobody would notice, so they faked the moon landing to cover up the cover-up. The following discussion has revolved around the landings, successfully distracting from questioning the moon itself.

You see, nothing is as good to cover up a conspiracy as another conspiracy; though sometimes, it's also the other way around. 8-)
It seems no hoax though that the CIA together with the (Ex-)KGB successfully poisoned the drinking water in the whole world (except for an informed special elite) with a new biochemical weapon,
which immediately and irreversible reduced the thinking capacity of all victims by a factor of 50%, while they experienced a feeling of overwhelming intelligence.

The proof lies in the forum posts since around 2 weeks, the day the 'drug' was set free...
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Guenther wrote: which immediately and irreversible reduced the thinking capacity of all victims by a factor of 50%
If I remember Zak McKracken correctly, that was the 60 Hz tone in the phone line, coming from an alien spaceship?
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Ras wrote:
Guenther wrote: which immediately and irreversible reduced the thinking capacity of all victims by a factor of 50%
If I remember Zak McKracken correctly, that was the 60 Hz tone in the phone line, coming from an alien spaceship?
No that was a just a local event. (US embassy in Cuba - still under investigation)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy