The Secret of Chess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: First Review

Post by hgm »

hgm wrote:So what you're really saying is:

Due to your personal grievances, you aren't going to do anything.

We already knew this.
No, what I am saying is that if it writes like an asshole, behaves like a asshole, and whines like an asshole, there is a good chance that it is indeed an asshole.

As usual, you are twisting words. :lol:
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

hgm wrote:No, what I am saying is that if it writes like an asshole, behaves like a asshole, and whines like an asshole, there is a good chance that it is indeed an asshole.
:lol:

Our esteemed moderator, once again leading the way with his behavior. :wink:
hgm

Post by hgm »

Well, perhaps we should have some voting here.

Is there anyone who doesn't think this guy behaves like an asshole? His incessant personal attacks on the moderators start to annoy me, and IMO are a severe enough violation of the charter to justify a ban. So if you appreciate the presence of this guy, don't be shy in supporting him...
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

hgm wrote:Well, perhaps we should have some voting here.

Is there anyone who doesn't think this guy behaves like an asshole? His incessant personal attacks on the moderators start to annoy me, and IMO are a severe enough violation of the charter to justify a ban. So if you appreciate the presence of this guy, don't be shy in supporting him...
Interesting approach.

Instead of "Does anyone agree with me that this guy should be banned?", you say essentially "I'm gonna ban this guy unless someone speaks up now".

Seems like the reverse of what is natural, but then again, when you have a vested interest, why not steer things in your favor?

Do as you like, Harm.

You only harm yourself (get it? :lol: :wink: )
hgm

Post by hgm »

I would not ban anyone without a warning. I was appointed here solely to protect the interests of the forum members, and even if your behavior is a transgression of the 'letter of the law', there would not be any reason to take action if you are fullfilling a widely supported popular demand. Laws are usually made overly strict to be certain they cover all boundary cases, so that the actual enforcement can be done through careful judgement that is difficult to spell out.

If no one shows up to applaud you, however, you should take it as a strong indication that your position might not be as powerful as you imagine, and you should consider that a warning that you are already deep in the 'red zone', breaking laws that no one really wants broken.
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

hgm wrote:...your position might not be as powerful as you imagined, and you should consider that a warning.
Do you think I refuse to kowtow to you, because I have delusions of my own power?

Is that why you think it is?

Not at all, Harm.

I just refuse to be bullied, that's all.

In fact, I respond with extreme aggression in the face of bullies - that's what you've been witnessing.

I know you aren't used to it. Ban me if you wish. :roll:
hgm

Post by hgm »

Well, if you consider being contradicted, or politely being pointed out some facts that you consider unwelcome, as 'bullying', and a legitimate excuse for name calling, that is your problem. We have laws of conduct here, and the moderators are appointed to enforce them.

So consider this a final warning: if you misbehave again, be it by directly insulting other posters, or discrediting moderators, you will be banned.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Re: Nay Lin Tun

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

BrendanJNorman wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:Really, I feel like vomiting, just mentioning your name.
Probably you know that Amazon reviews could be revised.
I hope you revise/delete your review soon.
It probably isn't him.

Somebody left a fake review under my name too.

You have an enemy who is more crafty than you think.

Nevertheless, I have reported the use of my name to Amazon.

I found out who the guy Serverless, who posted 1-star reviews for all my books is:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... 1522041400

Serverless has edited his review, and now the name reads Brendan J. Norman!
Congratulations.
How is it possible that a guy who wants to promote my book posts 1-star reviews?
Btw., the location shows Australia, so you are actually in Australia and not in China?
All of my critics are like that: saying the untruth.
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

It is great to see Norman revealed for what he is ... thanks
BrendanJNorman

Re: Nay Lin Tun

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: Serverless has edited his review, and now the name reads Brendan J. Norman!
Congratulations.

Your attention to detail is strikingly lacking for a "professional writer".

You didn't notice that "B.Norman" (formerly "Serverless") and "Brendan J. Norman" are two different accounts?

They cannot exist at the same time. One is the imposter, and if you look at my numerous social media accounts, and even my website - I have never signed myself "B.Norman".

Even writing style is different, but I suppose you missed that too.

Now I get the feeling that most of your unverified reviews (bad and good) are fake.

The good ones are by you (and the people you begged for reviews), the bad ones are by this imposter, who is trying to teach you a lesson.

I spoke on the phone to Amazon customer service last night about my name being used on a fake account, and they assured me it'd be dealt with seriously.

So be sure, there is a large microscope being cast over your account now by Amazon management.

Make sure your own dealings are honest.

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:How is it possible that a guy who wants to promote my book posts 1-star reviews?
You're grossly mistaken.

I absolutely do not want to promote a book with such a shady reputation, not just from your side, but in the fact that your work attracts identity thieves as well.