The secret of TalkChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: The secret of TalkChess

Post by Guenther »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: But there is only a single mod here - HGM.
The other 2 don't take part into decision-making in any way.
Well, to satisfy your curiosity: I did decide to move the thread to the archive on my own, after Harvey had already locked it
You obviously did not read the thread properly so far.
Hint: Harvey is not the 7 feet invisible friend of HGM...

For what it's worth, happy easter anyway, Lyudmil (seriously)
There are other things besides chess/computerchess whatever....
Going on a nice trip now.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

hgm wrote:Well, to satisfy your curiosity: I did decide to move the thread to the archive on my own, after Harvey had already locked it, informing Harvey by PM of my action. I don't feel inhibited to take such a solo action, because the thread can always be moved back if the other moderators would not agree. But Harvey since has expressed by PM that he approves deletion of the thread.

I consider it unwise to leave exchanges of rude insults visible; there will always be participants that feel they are behind in such a shouting match, and will seek possibilities to get even elsewhere on the earliest occasion. It is just a way to breed discontent. If all insults are deleted, no one has any reason to think he has to get even for anything.

Removing the entire thread is indeed a somewhat lazy solution, but it is technically rather difficult on this forum to clip off the part where it derailed if a thread does not have a linear structure. (I.e. if many posters replied not to the latest post, but to someone earlier in the list, so that it gets a branched structure.) I am not sure if I want to make the effort in this case, since it was doubtful whether the original posting wasn't already a violation of the charter, and the original poster was responsible for most of the derailing anyway. Why should I work hard to clean up other people's messes?

I consider any criticism by Ulysses as a counter indication: when he is unhappy, it means I am doing my job well, if he would approve of my actions, it means I must be grossly erring. Because he has openly expressed that he disapproves of the rules specified in the charter, which it is my job to enforce.
So, you actually removed the thread because you are LAZY to clean it.
But that is your job, man.
In this case, you failed, this WAS NOT your first failure, and therefore, you don't have a place as a mod here any more.
But who are actually you to judge the merit of my book?
I am an AUTHOR.
Who are you?
You have written a 1500 chess engine, Fairy-Max, and that is it.
You are precisely NO ONE.
I told you, get the thread back as soon as possible, otherwise, I could do the same with any other thread, any thread could be subverted by name-calling, if someone wishes to do so, don't you agree?
What will you do in this case, delete all threads?
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Harvey, did YOU really lock the thread, or is HGM lying?
If so, please be so kind to unlock and restore it.
You promised me something in a PM, but you are doing precisely the opposite.
This is an important thing, locking and removing a whole thread.
Did you consult the 3 of you, or just one locked, other deleted?

How many threads have been deleted on this forum?
How dare you lock/delete one of the most important, if not the most important at all, computer chess related thread?
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Guenther wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: But there is only a single mod here - HGM.
The other 2 don't take part into decision-making in any way.
Well, to satisfy your curiosity: I did decide to move the thread to the archive on my own, after Harvey had already locked it

For what it's worth, happy easter anyway, Lyudmil (seriously)
There are other things besides chess/computerchess whatever....
Going on a nice trip now.
I wish you a nice trip, once I confiscate your car.
because this thread is like a car for me.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:Harvey, did YOU really lock the thread, or is HGM lying?
If so, please be so kind to unlock and restore it.
You promised me something in a PM, but you are doing precisely the opposite.
This is an important thing, locking and removing a whole thread.
Did you consult the 3 of you, or just one locked, other deleted?

How many threads have been deleted on this forum?
How dare you lock/delete one of the most important, if not the most important at all, computer chess related thread?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_syndrome

:roll:
noobpwnftw

Post by noobpwnftw »

There was an episode of Southpark about the Internet trolls, please go watch it, it will enlighten you about the world we live in.
It basically saying that everyone on the Internet are trolls, there is no justice because it's the trolls that made the Code, you just have to be a better troll and troll them back.

Chess forums are heavily trolled because they have a group of nerdy trolls and there is always competition.
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: You BS.
You have sent 10 mails to my mailbox, letting me know YOU are the culprit.
You want me to post screenshots now?
Your place is NOT on this forum, neither on Chess.com.
You should be banned from both.
Here's an idea.

YES! Post the screenshots (DO IT! I'm calling your bluff!) and if the emails are not from brendan (at) chessncognac.com or brendanjnorman (at) gmail.com (my email addresses) you swallow your ridiculous words.

On the other hand, if they ARE from me, I'll leave this forum forever (I'd be happy to. HGM...BAN me if Lyudmil can prove I emailed him dozens of times!) ...

Is that a deal?

The fact that you STILL think that it was I who posted those fake reviews on Amazon only goes to show your lack of internet literacy and common sense and this...

Which I dug up today, reveals your serious delusional psychological state.

Believe or not, I have a job, a side business and a family to attend to basically ALL day and NO time to deal with insane Bulgarian basement dwelling computer nerds.

On the other hand, it seems that dozens of people on chess.com have all the time in the world to bicker with you, but it is only YOUR delusion thinking that all of these people are me.

I have ONE chess.com account which I haven't used for some time.

I have a paid account on chess24 (and many people here know) and that's where I go for online chess now.

Get some help from a psychiatrist, Lyudmil.

And unless you can PROVE that I've done ANYTHING to you, STFU with your ridiculous accusations.
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

noobpwnftw wrote:I'd like to hear what Ben Shapiro has to say on this matter.
Ben would say:

" Sorry Lyudmil, facts don't care about your feelings...and my wife is a doctor"

:lol:
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

tpoppins wrote:
Henk wrote:In my opinion normal users should never see the word 'troll' on this site. The only posts that may contain the word "troll" are those in reports send to the moderator team.

So maybe if one uses the word troll in its post to accuse someone he should be banned for a week or a few days.
The above post uses that word three times, does that mean that you advocate banning you for up to three weeks on the basis of that? :)
Reading aid provided. ^^
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Guenther wrote:
I like the idea of being HG's 7 foot tall invisible friend. Perhaps I should go back to being an invisible white Rabbit?
HG and I are both active as moderators and we are in complete agreement on how the threads have degenerated.