Lczero stalled in progress?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Milos

Re: Lczero stalled in progress?

Post by Milos »

Albert Silver wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:21 am
Milos wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:04 am
Dann Corbit wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:06 am What is wrong is quite interesting.
More importantly, does anyone know why?
Because infinite growth is infeasible and saturation always happens sooner or later. ;)
What you are actually asking is why progress is really not in line with expectations of so many ppl, but that is kind of question for psychologist so you kind of posed it in a wrong forum ;).
What do infinite growth and saturation have to do with it?
Those are pretty natural terms, if you don't understand it I can't help you.
Milos

Post by Milos »

syzygy wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:28 am The problems started on 3 May, which was when v0.8 was released. So it seems rather likely that a severe bug was introduced in one of the about 100 commits between v0.7 and v0.8.
That is certainly not true since the progress in net strength normally continued till May 6th.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Milos wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:41 am
Because infinite growth is infeasible and saturation always happens sooner or later. ;)
What you are actually asking is why progress is really not in line with expectations of so many ppl, but that is kind of question for psychologist so you kind of posed it in a wrong forum ;).
You do realize that his comment was in response to my report about the bug, and that your reply makes no sense whatsoever in the context. As such I'm not the one in need of help.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Milos

Post by Milos »

Albert Silver wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 am

You do realize that his comment was in response to my report about the bug, and that your reply makes no sense whatsoever in the context. As such I'm not the one in need of help.
There is no more threaded view. I replied to what is in the comment, i.e. question why that is related to the progress stalled from thread title, I really don't care who replied to whom originally and for what. If you don't get it again I can't help you, maybe you should look for help from a native english speaker coz you are not always best with comprehension.
mirek

Post by mirek »

Dann Corbit wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:06 am What is wrong is quite interesting.
Seems you quite often post conclussions that directly contradict the Deepmind paper, so maybe that could be even more interesting puzzle for a psychologist.
Milos

Post by Milos »

mirek wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:43 am
Seems you quite often post conclussions that directly contradict the Deepmind paper, so maybe that could be even more interesting puzzle for a psychologist.
So by your logic anyone that doesn't esteem that Google advertising preprint as bible is crazy? Interesting opinion.
Could you maybe explain to me Figure 1 from that very same "paper"?
FWCC

Post by FWCC »

So what are they going to do about the problem?
Sometimes you have setbacks,you learn from it and then a surge.
David Xu

Post by David Xu »

Ah, once again we have some classic Milos:

"There is a bug with the code, I wonder what caused it?"
"The bug was manifested into existence because neural networks cannot infinitely improve."

It seems that either your reading comprehension or your critical reasoning skills are in need of vital improvement--or, more than likely, you're trolling as usual.
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

Please remember that the "add foe" option was added to the forum software specifically to deal with the Milos problem.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Yes, Milos and his negativity is now ignored to me. But shouldn't he be banned now ?