TCEC should reconsider the ban on Ethereal

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Fuddur

Re: TCEC should reconsider the ban on Ethereal

Post by Fuddur »

Great! Ethereal is back.
Now, in tcec s13,

ETHEREAL RAMPAGE IS ABOUT TO BEGINNNNNNNN.
Thanks
Gary Internet

Post by Gary Internet »

I don't know anything about what happened but I'm guessing that Knight_Moves was the one trying to ban Andrew Grant because this morning when I go to the TCEC website I'm confronted with the crappy old GUI. Knight_Moves is obviously protesting against his decision being overturned by leaving and taking his GUI with him. It's sad that TCEC still suffers to some degree. That new GUI had dragged it kicking and screaming into this decade.
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

You would be correct about your guess.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Joerg Oster

Post by Joerg Oster »

Gary Internet wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:29 am I don't know anything about what happened but I'm guessing that Knight_Moves was the one trying to ban Andrew Grant because this morning when I go to the TCEC website I'm confronted with the crappy old GUI. Knight_Moves is obviously protesting against his decision being overturned by leaving and taking his GUI with him. It's sad that TCEC still suffers to some degree. That new GUI had dragged it kicking and screaming into this decade.
What a kindergarten over there ... :roll:
Jörg Oster
gotogo

Post by gotogo »

Doesn't Andrew work on stockfish? Could he introduce a bug or something into stockfish promoting his own engine? Doesn't seem right he has own engine and works on stockfish too!!! I for one am very skeptical over this one! Conflict of interest? Is he working with other developers on fishtest? Is he using fishtest resources to modify his engine? There is many ways to look at what might be going on here! I think something crooked here!!! Maybe tcec 13 not so good!
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

gotogo wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:41 pm Doesn't Andrew work on stockfish? Could he introduce a bug or something into stockfish promoting his own engine? Doesn't seem right he has own engine and works on stockfish too!!! I for one am very skeptical over this one! Conflict of interest? Is he working with other developers on fishtest? Is he using fishtest resources to modify his engine? There is many ways to look at what might be going on here! I think something crooked here!!! Maybe tcec 13 not so good!
You don't mean this serious, eh? Somehow I have the feeling I need to fresh up my *ignore* list.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Guenther wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:57 pm
gotogo wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:41 pm Doesn't Andrew work on stockfish? Could he introduce a bug or something into stockfish promoting his own engine? Doesn't seem right he has own engine and works on stockfish too!!! I for one am very skeptical over this one! Conflict of interest? Is he working with other developers on fishtest? Is he using fishtest resources to modify his engine? There is many ways to look at what might be going on here! I think something crooked here!!! Maybe tcec 13 not so good!
You don't mean this serious, eh? Somehow I have the feeling I need to fresh up my *ignore* list.
+1
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
tpoppins

Post by tpoppins »

Amazingly perceptive observations. Let's not forget Lucas B. too, the author of Discocheck and Demolito, who's been a main SF contributor for years. No wonder that despite being developed for a decade Stockfish is still a mere 3400 Elo -- it's been sabotaged almost from the start. It could have been over 9000!
Tirsa Poppins
CCRL
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

Guenther wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:57 pm
Where are trigger-happy moderators when you need them :P
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

At the WCCC? Normally moderators would only see postings that are reported, and they would only act against those when these violate the charter.