Ivanhoe plays singlecore in TCEC 13 !!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

marsell

Re: Ivanhoe plays singlecore in TCEC 13 !!

Post by marsell »

one NN will surely be eliminated
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Having a scandal is useful for popularity. :mrgreen:
Regards, Mike
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

kranium wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:36 pm I get the feeling that some here are angry about the possibility that Ivanhoe is not running as well as it should...
because they strongly do not want both NN engine to advance, perhaps hoping that 1 fails miserably?

If so, that's unfortunate...personally I'm rooting for both to go thru
I am too rooting for them to go through, but based on merit. That one of the favorites is handicapped by 200-300 Elo points is surely not the best set up of the competition in this division.
kranium

Post by kranium »

Laskos wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:14 pm
kranium wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:36 pm I get the feeling that some here are angry about the possibility that Ivanhoe is not running as well as it should...
because they strongly do not want both NN engine to advance, perhaps hoping that 1 fails miserably?

I am too rooting for them to go through, but based on merit. That one of the favorites is handicapped by 200-300 Elo points is surely not the best set up of the competition in this division.
I agree Kai
But it is what it is...
Regardless of the situation with Ivanhoe, the 2 NN GPU entries will be measured against each other, via a lot of very fun and interesting games
and IMO, that's what viewers really want to see
kranium

Post by kranium »

Ivanhoe is a very strong engine, it would normally be placed in a much higher division.

If Ivanhoe is indeed playing on single core, which certainly appears to be possible..
that would actually bring it down to a suitable level for Division 4,
(where it's currently tied for 3rd with 1 win and 2 draws).
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

kranium wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Ivanhoe is a very strong engine, it would normally be placed in a much higher division.

If Ivanhoe is indeed playing on single core, which certainly appears to be possible..
that would actually bring it down to a suitable level for Division 4,
(where it's currently tied for 3rd with 1 win and 2 draws).
You should have submitted your RobboLito 0.21Q. It's stronger and more refined than IvanHoe, imho :)
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
kranium

Post by kranium »

During the last game, Ivanhoe played, and it's just been confirmed via Task Manager that Ivanhoe is using only 1 core...
...it's seems to be a bug with this particular version.

I'm actually happy with it however, as Ivanhoe on 43 cores is very strong (too strong for this division) and would very likely knock one of the NN engines out.
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

kranium wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:04 pm During the last game, Ivanhoe played, and it's just been confirmed via Task Manager that Ivanhoe is using only 1 core...
...it's seems to be a bug with this particular version.

I'm actually happy with it however, as Ivanhoe on 43 cores is very strong (too strong for this division) and would very likely knock one of the NN engines out.
And, are you happy about your posting, in which you said, that I "speculate wildly, create misleading and incorrect topics, and throw such harsh criticisms at TCEC. That's really hurtful and incredibly unfair", too ??
I am not. I was right, and it was obvious for everybody, how ever used the Ivanhoe-engine, that Ivanhoe played in singlecore-mode. That was not a speculation, not incorrect, not misleading. And the TCEC-team did not do any testings, before starting the season - otherwise they should have recognized it - and that is unprofessional, as I said before. Thats the truth and not a "harsh criticism".
Last edited by pohl4711 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

If Ivanhoe is actually playing with a single core and it was due to their technical error, they will replay all Ivanhoe games.(they did like that before). The Authour should contact Anton.
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

Nay Lin Tun wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:29 pm If Ivanhoe is actually playing with a single core and it was due to their technical error, they will replay all Ivanhoe games.(they did like that before).
I hope so. Otherwise, from now TCEC is just a farce. And that would be very sad and disappointing.