expert NN "lawyers" needed at TCEC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

whereagles

expert NN "lawyers" needed at TCEC

Post by whereagles »

http://www.chessdom.com/leela-chess-zer ... cec-div-4/
Definitions of unique, zero, non-zero, supervised, hybrid, and other types of engines and Neural Networks are needed and such will be coined with the help of professionals in the field.
guys, here's your much antecipated job opening :D
Dann Corbit

Re: expert NN "lawyers" needed at TCEC

Post by Dann Corbit »

I think it is a mistake for those operating contests to try to be engine coding experts. That approach does not work.

I also think that eventually, the facts will become obvious. Hence, the need to expose during the contest time frame is not great.

Official chess analysis bodies have shown themselves utterly incompetent in the past.

I think trying to enhance this aspect of a chess contest is a terrible mistake.

Of course, if someone is simply a lame liar, cheat, and code thief, I think they should be put in jail or shamed into oblivion.
But those things can wait.

The CCRL board used to attempt to figure out nebulous details of cloning. Thank goodness they gave up that foolishness and started testing all comers.

As far as NN theft, who is qualified to even say what it really means?

But clearly, those using someone else's code or efforts should come clean.

In the end, it all comes out in the wash.

We don't want a repeat of the Rybka debacle. That is why no one takes the WMCCC seriously and why no one will ever take it seriously again, for all eternity.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

I haven't found yet any news from Chessdom, who won season 12! Waiting with excitement :D .
Jouni
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

the "no-clone" rule makes sense because most people don't want to watch a league full of SF derivatives :D

however, it does require defining what is a clone and that's where the mess starts... eheheh