Current TCEC Cup

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
jkiliani
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by jkiliani » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:27 am

Damir wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:35 pm
I change my prediction to 4-1 for Stockfish. 3 wins and 2 draws. :) :) :D
Match over, 4.5-2.5 as I predicted as likely.

Jouni
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by Jouni » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:41 am



This LC0 is a joke!
Jouni

Nay Lin Tun
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by Nay Lin Tun » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:20 am

4. ........d5?? hard to believe(shocking) Lco did like that. It is against opening principle,

1. Dont open the centre when your development is delayed!
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (38.31 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

MikeGL
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by MikeGL » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:14 am

Jouni wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:41 am


This LC0 is a joke!
Thanks for this game.
Nice k assault by SF9.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Leo
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: USA/Minnesota
Full name: Leo

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by Leo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 pm

LCO has a long way to go.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.

jdart
Posts: 3840
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:23 am
Location: http://www.arasanchess.org

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by jdart » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:41 am

There were several errors but note in particular 11. .. O-O?



This is a fine example of "castling into it."

--Hib

Nay Lin Tun
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by Nay Lin Tun » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 am

Leo wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 pm
LCO has a long way to go.
Lco would probably be on par with Komodo and Houdini( She won 1v1 on Komodo in cccc).She is already somewhere between top 2- 4. Her score 4.5-2.5 means , -100 elo, you will get similar result between SF vs K or H.

Why Stockfish is so strong?. Let us estimate the inveatment in SF project from fishtest data alone from 5 years ago. More than 1 billion games have been tested, 30,000+ patches, and

1400 years of CPU years of computing power have been used.( It means if you run 1 ghz cpu for 1 core computer, you will need 1400 years to complete these tests).

For estimate of electricity usage alone( not to mention hardware cost and human resources), I estimated that $ 4,000,000( 4 million have been spent in Stockfish project).( I estimate 1 core computer , 60 W, cost- 10 cents per day).

Yes, a long way to spend 4 million dollars.

Jouni
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by Jouni » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:33 am

Final game 4. Houdini - SF. SF has score 0,00 as black whole game :!: :!: Chess is soon practically solved?
Jouni

grahamj
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm
Full name: Graham Jones

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by grahamj » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 am

Nay Lin Tun wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 am
Leo wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 pm
LCO has a long way to go.
Lco would probably be on par with Komodo and Houdini( She won 1v1 on Komodo in cccc).She is already somewhere between top 2- 4. Her score 4.5-2.5 means , -100 elo, you will get similar result between SF vs K or H.

Why Stockfish is so strong?. Let us estimate the inveatment in SF project from fishtest data alone from 5 years ago. More than 1 billion games have been tested, 30,000+ patches, and

1400 years of CPU years of computing power have been used.( It means if you run 1 ghz cpu for 1 core computer, you will need 1400 years to complete these tests).

For estimate of electricity usage alone( not to mention hardware cost and human resources), I estimated that $ 4,000,000( 4 million have been spent in Stockfish project).( I estimate 1 core computer , 60 W, cost- 10 cents per day).

Yes, a long way to spend 4 million dollars.
How do you get $4M? 1400 years is 1400*365*24 hours, so you'd use 1400*365*24*60/1000 kWh. A kWh costs around 15 cents (depends where you live). I get about $110k.
Graham Jones, www.indriid.com

Jouni
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Current TCEC Cup

Post by Jouni » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:21 pm

0,00 game here:

Jouni

Post Reply