What is going on with GM Carlsen vs GM Caruana rating?

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

What is going on with GM Carlsen vs GM Caruana rating?

Post by Chessqueen »

Am I the only one who noticed that after 10 drawn games GM Caruana rating has remained the same 2832. I thought that even with such small difference in rating for every draw GM Caruana gain .18 rating points while GM Carlsen lose .18 rating points. Therefore after 10 draws GM Caruana should be closer to 2833.50 and GM Carlsen close to 2833.50.

Please noticed that GM Ju gained or netted 7.4 rating points in her amazing run in Khanty-Mansiysk— she has now a 2575 rating, 29 points shy from her highest-ever mark of 2604.
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
Chessqueen

Re: What is going on with GM Carlsen vs GM Caruana rating?

Post by Chessqueen »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:11 pm Am I the only one who noticed that after 10 drawn games GM Caruana rating has remained the same 2832. I thought that even with such small difference in rating for every draw GM Caruana gain .18 rating points while GM Carlsen lose .18 rating points. Therefore after 10 draws GM Caruana should be closer to 2833.50 and GM Carlsen close to 2833.50.

Please noticed that GM Ju gained or netted 7.4 rating points in her amazing run in Khanty-Mansiysk— she has now a 2575 rating, 29 points shy from her highest-ever mark of 2604.
I Just noticed now that GM Carlsen gained +7.6 for each of the three Rapid Games of the tiebreak, But GM Caruana did NOT gained any for every of the 12 classical draws against GM Carlsen. Somebody really like GM Carlsen in the www.2700chess.com
Ponti

Post by Ponti »

Is Caruana really as strong as Carlsen ?
After 12 drawn games I also think their ratings should be equal or almost equal.
A. Ponti
AMD Ryzen 1800x, Windows 10.
FIDE current ratings: standard 1913, rapid 1931
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Ponti wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:28 pm Is Caruana really as strong as Carlsen ?
After 12 drawn games I also think their ratings should be equal or almost equal.
Well the point is that they played 12 classical games and GM Caruana did NOT gained any points, he should had gained .15 at least for every draw since Carlsen was slightly rated higher. Noticed that Calsen gained points when he beat GM Caruana in Rapid. :shock: