ChessBase and UCI

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Re: ChessBase and UCI

Post by stegemma »

Drago is in assembly and it has no option to disable popcount. Sabrina is in C++ and automatically recognizes the availability of popcount and enable/disable the function. Drago has not been developed to be portable (but could be, in the future), so it works only on recent CPUs. I planned to keep it private but now I will publish the software, because it seems to be interesting for someone.
Author of Drago, Raffaela, Freccia, Satana, Sabrina.
http://www.linformatica.com
elcabesa

Re: ChessBase and UCI

Post by elcabesa »

hgm wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:07 pm
elcabesa wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:20 pmif I send 10 time the go command, the engine shall search 10 times the same position. it has no knowledge of the game, it's stateless.
The UCI specs do not require that. They specify that each 'go' command should be preceded by a position setup, and merely leave it undefined what would happen if you do not do that. So any behavior (including CECP-like) is as good as any other.
if you refer to this:
Before the engine is asked to search on a position, there will always be a position command to tell the engine about the current position.
and this:
* go
start calculating on the current position set up with the "position" command.
I have always intepreted them as: every go command shall search from the latest Position given by "position" command. :D