Best way to improve your chess from a GM for Free....

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Best way to improve your chess from a GM for Free....

Post by Chessqueen »

There are people who pay from $30.00 to $50.00 per hour to a GM to improve their chess, but if you go thru this computer vs GM Nakamura games or Komodo versus GM Nakamura you will just learn by listening to his analysis. Remember this is NOT just learning how to play versus a chess program but his analysis and way how he look at a position and try to take advantage of the computer is the best instruction for free that you will ever find on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW-RwYvRX5M
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
S.Taylor

Re: Best way to improve your chess from a GM for Free....

Post by S.Taylor »

Looks quite good.
It gets you into it a bit, which is good.
But it still doesn't teach much.
There are PLENTY great things for free on youtube to help u improve your chess.
Btw, it's not cheap to buy a computer and a room to sit in, and to pay internet bills either.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

S.Taylor wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:06 pm Looks quite good.
It gets you into it a bit, which is good.
But it still doesn't teach much.
There are PLENTY great things for free on youtube to help u improve your chess.
Btw, it's not cheap to buy a computer and a room to sit in, and to pay internet bills either.
What do you think most of us here are using, a magician to get into the internet and post here. We all have computer and internet, as a matter of fact most of us have more than 1 computer and Free SF and Fritz 16. But non of them talk the way that a GM Like GM Nakamura does when playing versus another human on the internet or Komodo by analysing anf breaking down the position, and most important telling us what he is thinking. I know that Komodo is extremely good, but it does not tell you why it chose a move instead of another candidate move when where are at least thee good moves to choose from. Of course there are good learning instruction on how to improve chess on Youtube like this one. But it is better to learn as you watch a game being played with actual analysis from a GM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUyxPafWVY
Another way is to solve as many chess puzzles daily as you can like these ==>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCKUUeyxmw
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Yes, I'm not complaining. I had the impression that he did not speak out everything he was thinking, but maybe I'm wrong and that i should watch it again.
Most people here have room space and are well equipped etc. Although i, recently have needed to manage on a weak smartphone, and nothing else, the past 18 months.
But even if a person has to spend $50, but without any online access, or human chess trainer, i think it could be possible to become a GM. First there's your book, the one i saw yesterday that you had reccomended. And then just 2 simple other paperbacks by andy soltis 1).what it takes to become a chess master, and 2).what it takes to become a GM. Then, you would need a small chess set that you don't need to sit at a table to use.
But then again, i suppose you still need a few good chess friends to play with.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

S.Taylor wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:16 am Yes, I'm not complaining. I had the impression that he did not speak out everything he was thinking, but maybe I'm wrong and that i should watch it again.
Most people here have room space and are well equipped etc. Although i, recently have needed to manage on a weak smartphone, and nothing else, the past 18 months.
But even if a person has to spend $50, but without any online access, or human chess trainer, i think it could be possible to become a GM. First there's your book, the one i saw yesterday that you had reccomended. And then just 2 simple other paperbacks by andy soltis 1).what it takes to become a chess master, and 2).what it takes to become a GM. Then, you would need a small chess set that you don't need to sit at a table to use.
But then again, i suppose you still need a few good chess friends to play with.
I will see all GM Nakamura games versus Computer and versus human from now on since he analyse and break down the position as he play, I strongly believe that this is the best way for me to improve ==>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu4PcmuVFPE
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

Fantastic! Thanks.
(Maybe put it on slow speed?)
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

S.Taylor wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:20 pm Fantastic! Thanks.
(Maybe put it on slow speed?)
I do not have any problem following his advice at 3:00 minutes per games, the 1st game versus 2500 Gabriel Cardoso, I noticed that GM Nakamura prevented his two bishops and two rooks from moving at all, Gabriel was just playing with his Queen and two Knights, that was the main strategic to handicap his pieces. Gabriel should have traded Queen after he checked GM Nakamura and quickly try to develop his two bishops and Rooks ASA. but of course playing versus Nakamura he was destined to lose, but at least he would had lasted a little bit longer :D. Another thing that I noticed after Gabriel took the c5 pawn GM Nakamura could had taken the b7 pawn for free, since taking the knight is a mistake where Nakamura bishop can pin the his Queen with Bishop a3+.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu4PcmuVFPE