rofChade 2.0 released, first version with regular eval

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ronald
Full name: Ronald Friederich

rofChade 2.0 released, first version with regular eval

Post by Ronald »

Hi,

A new version of rofChade has been released, version 2.0. This is the first "official" version with regular evaluation elements added. This version is slightly changed compared to version 1.023T which competed in TCEC 14 division 3.

rofChade 2.0 is beeing tested by CCRL right now (40/40), so I don't know the CCRL rating yet. My own estimate is somewhere between 3050 and 3100 single threaded.

More information about the version and download information can be found on the website http://rofchade.nl/

Happy holidays everybody,

Ronald
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: rofChade 2.0 released, first version with regular eval

Post by Damir »

Many thanks for new RofChade version Ronald. You have done an amazing progress in such a short amount of time. I hope you continue in improving your engine. :) :)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Thanks Ronald.
RofChade is a very nice (and strong) engine. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Scally
Full name: Alan Cooper

Post by Scally »

Hi Ronald,

No Raspberry Pi version this time?

Al.
sovaz1997

Post by sovaz1997 »

Nice progress!
+350 Elo after v1.0!

Code: Select all

tc=10s+0.1s
hash=16

Score of RofChade Version 2.0 vs RofChade Version 1.0 b104: 795 - 34 - 171  [0.880] 1000
Elo difference: 346.94 +/- 25.67
Zevra 2 is my chess engine. Binary, source and description here: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2
Zevra v2.5 is last version of Zevra: https://github.com/sovaz1997/Zevra2/releases
Fuddur

Post by Fuddur »

Ronald wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm Hi,

A new version of rofChade has been released, version 2.0. This is the first "official" version with regular evaluation elements added. This version is slightly changed compared to version 1.023T which competed in TCEC 14 division 3.

rofChade 2.0 is beeing tested by CCRL right now (40/40), so I don't know the CCRL rating yet. My own estimate is somewhere between 3050 and 3100 single threaded.

More information about the version and download information can be found on the website http://rofchade.nl/

Happy holidays everybody,

Ronald
Waiting for android compilation or a raspberry compilation who runs on android!!!
Thanks
mibere

Post by mibere »

Hello Ronald,

thanks for the new and advanced (Mac-)version :)

Just noticed, while running a cutechess-cli match with Ponder=on there are sometimes warnings in the console output
Started game 1 of 100 (Stockfish vs Rofchade)
Warning: Illegal PV move f6g5 from Rofchade
Warning: Illegal PV move e5f7 from Rofchade
Warning: Illegal ponder move from Rofchade: e5f7
Warning: Illegal PV move f3g4 from Rofchade
Warning: Illegal ponder move from Rofchade: f3g4
Warning: Illegal PV move d5c6 from Rofchade
Warning: Illegal ponder move from Rofchade: d5c6
Warning: Premature bestmove while pondering from Rofchade
Ronald
Full name: Ronald Friederich

Post by Ronald »

First of all, everybody thanks for your nice reactions. :D

Concering the cutechess-cli warnings, I have only used cutechess in the GUI version, and it seems that the warning is not issued in the GUI version. Fortunately when I tried the cli version I was able to reproduce the warnings and I found out it was caused by 2 bugs :oops: The PV (and pondermove) is retrieved from the hashtable, but sometimes I got an incorrect length, due to not initialising it.. This causes the Illegal PV and Ponder move sometimes. The premature warning is caused by a proven mate. When a proven mate is found the search is stopped and the mate value is returned. Steve Maughan already noticed this when in infinite mode, so I changed it for infinite mode, but I should also continue searching when still pondering.

So thanks for sending me your findings!

Concerning the Raspberry Pi version, I'm going to work on that one, I'm only not sure when, because of the holidays. An Android version is still not high on my priority list, as I don't have Android devices, but maybe I can get my oldest son to create an Android version...
mibere

Post by mibere »

Ronald wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:59 pm Fortunately when I tried the cli version I was able to reproduce the warnings and I found out it was caused by 2 bugs :oops:
Will you offer a fixed version?
Fuddur

Post by Fuddur »

Ronald wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:59 pm as I don't have Android devices, but maybe I can get my oldest son to create an Android version...
It will be great for android user's!!
Thanks