Training with RomiChess in console mode

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: Training with RomiChess in console mode

Post by Ovyron »

Michael Sherwin wrote:What I wanted for Romi is to be a good engine for humans to train against and except for a couple of diehard fans that looks pretty much like a flop.
What about being #1 on that? I'd be happy with that, but we don't currently know, and there's no standings, on what are the top engines that people use to train against. If no data exists you don't really know if Romi is the engine most people use to train, or how close it is.

Personally I'd rather train against humans and train Romi against Crazy engines to see how crazy she can play.
Daniel
Full name: Daniel Tapia

Post by Daniel »

Romichess K (Per) came with a personality capability. I was able to get Romichess K to work as an analysis engine but not Romichess K (Per). Is it not feasible to make an analysis engine that can make use of this personality capability. BTW I'm using SCID vs PC.

Obviously the engine is extremely strong positionally, and I'll definitely use Romi M going forward, but it would be really nice to have that personality creator.

Anyway, that might be a lot of work, and I don't want you to get any more burned out than you already are.
Michael Sherwin
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Daniel wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:41 am Romichess K (Per) came with a personality capability. I was able to get Romichess K to work as an analysis engine but not Romichess K (Per). Is it not feasible to make an analysis engine that can make use of this personality capability. BTW I'm using SCID vs PC.

Obviously the engine is extremely strong positionally, and I'll definitely use Romi M going forward, but it would be really nice to have that personality creator.

Anyway, that might be a lot of work, and I don't want you to get any more burned out than you already are.
Jim Ablett added the personality capability to K. I do not have his modified version any longer. I will see if I'm up to the task of recreating his work as it might not be too difficult but I can't promise anything. It might be interesting though if I am up to it. We'll see.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

I’ve always struggled using ab engines as sparring partners for reasons already mentioned here. I have started using Leela Chess and it’s various networks as sparring partners at low node counts — 20, 100 or 200. The result is much more useful and satisfying.
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".