how to run Lc0 on two RTX 2070 ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Hugo

how to run Lc0 on two RTX 2070 ?

Post by Hugo »

Hi there
does anyone know how to run Lc0 on two RTX cards?
Are they automatically detected? Or is there a need for setting up parameters? If so, which one.

How many RTX cards does Lc0 support?

thx in advance for help.

C.K.
mwyoung

Re: how to run Lc0 on two RTX 2070 ?

Post by mwyoung »

Hugo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm Hi there
Are they automatically detected? Or is there a need for setting up parameters? If so, which one.

thx in advance for help.

C.K.
You will need a motherboard that supports sli. You will need the sli bridge that come with your motherboard. Install the cards and the sli bridge. Go to the nvidia setting. And setup your SLI cards. Then run Lc0 with 2 graphics cards.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

mwyoung wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:43 pm

thx in advance for help.

C.K.
You will need a motherboard that supports sli. You will need the sli bridge that come with your motherboard. Install the cards and the sli bridge. Go to the nvidia setting. And setup your SLI cards. Then run Lc0 with 2 graphics cards.
The cards do not need to be set up in SLI. I'm not even sure you need the bridge.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Werewolf wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:12 pm

thx in advance for help.

C.K.
The cards do not need to be set up in SLI. I'm not even sure you need the bridge.
Correct, SLI is not needed at all. Backend = Multiplexing or RoundRobin, plus whatever Backend Options you want of need.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Per Hesselgren

Post by Greyguy »

mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

AdminX wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:34 pm

thx in advance for help.

C.K.
Correct, SLI is not needed at all. Backend = Multiplexing or RoundRobin, plus whatever Backend Options you want of need.
Nice, so if I wanted I could add a rtx 2060 to my rtx 2080 ti. And run Multiplexing with fp16?
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

mwyoung wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:33 pm
AdminX wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:34 pm

thx in advance for help.

C.K.
Nice, so if I wanted I could add a rtx 2060 to my rtx 2080 ti. And run Multiplexing with fp16?
Yes
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by M ANSARI »

Actually I also have wondered if SLI is a good idea. Of course I know you don't need it for Lc0, but maybe it will consider that the 2 cards are 1 card and thus might be more efficient. Maybe not.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

M ANSARI wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:30 pm Actually I also have wondered if SLI is a good idea. Of course I know you don't need it for Lc0, but maybe it will consider that the 2 cards are 1 card and thus might be more efficient. Maybe not.
If you are running 2 rtx 2070 GPUs. I would only connect them in SLI. Or any cards that are able to run in SLI.

Because there is advantages to SLI other then running Lc0.

It is nice to know you could use any two or more card to run Lc0. And the cards do not have to be the same architecture. They just need to be able to run Lc0.
Milos

Post by Milos »

M ANSARI wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:30 pm Actually I also have wondered if SLI is a good idea. Of course I know you don't need it for Lc0, but maybe it will consider that the 2 cards are 1 card and thus might be more efficient. Maybe not.
mwyoung wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:46 am If you are running 2 rtx 2070 GPUs. I would only connect them in SLI. Or any cards that are able to run in SLI.
Gee, how can you guys be so clueless???
SLI is a parallel processing algorithm for computer graphics. Acronym means Scan-Line Interleave. It has absolutely nothing to do with FMA which is exclusively what GPUs do in machine learning inference.