Chess Engine LoopChess 2018 x64?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Chess Engine LoopChess 2018 x64?

Post by supersharp77 »

By chance happened across the LoopChess site and saw this post:"Loop 2018

Loop 2018 is a 64-bit UCI chess engine that has been completely reprogrammed since October 2018. The engine is specially designed for 64-bit systems and is being consistently optimized. Thanks to its clearly structured structure, Loop already calculates faster than all previous versions.

Last update: November 2018

Questions about Loop 2018

When will Loop 2018 be ready at the earliest?

The current beta version is stable and fast. Nevertheless, we (FR & GS) still have to do many experiments to further optimize the algorithms and data structures. A release version is not yet in sight.
What has changed to Loop 2018?

Almost everything. Both the algorithms of search and evaluation are new, as well as the roulette games data structures. Most of the time I (FR) spent developing a new board.
Why is there no longer a 32-bit version?

The new data structures of Loop 2018 are designed from the beginning for use on 64-bit systems. The performance on 32-bit systems is therefore relatively weak and can hardly be optimized.
Will Loop 2018 be an open source engine?

I (FR) will expose some interesting algorithms from Loop 2018 for discussion and further use. However, I do not plan a full disclosure of the sources of Loop 2018.
New Architectures in Computer Chess

You can download the dissertation by Fritz Reul here.

Last update: June 2018

Download Ph.D. thesis
Loop 2018

Loop 2018 is a UCI chess engine for Symmetric Multiprocessor Systems (SMP) with a maximum of 4 threads. You can download the chess engine here.

Last update: August 2018

Download Loop 2018 64-bit
Download Loop 2018 32-bit
team

Development & Programming

The Loop Chess Engine has been developed and programmed by Fritz Reul since 2018.
Beta tests

The beta tests for the Loop Engine have been carried out since 2018 by Gerhard Sonnabend.
Contact

You can contact us via e-mail.

support [at] loopchess [point] com

© 2018 Fritz Reul | HTML 4.01 Strict | CSS 2.1"

This For Real? Anybody heard anything? Thx AR :D :wink:
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Re: Chess Engine LoopChess 2018 x64?

Post by Laskos »

supersharp77 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 am By chance happened across the LoopChess site and saw this post:"Loop 2018

Loop 2018 is a 64-bit UCI chess engine that has been completely reprogrammed since October 2018. The engine is specially designed for 64-bit systems and is being consistently optimized. Thanks to its clearly structured structure, Loop already calculates faster than all previous versions.

The current beta version is stable and fast. Nevertheless, we (FR & GS) still have to do many experiments to further optimize the algorithms and data structures. A release version is not yet in sight.

Almost everything. Both the algorithms of search and evaluation are new, as well as the roulette games data structures. Most of the time I (FR) spent developing a new board.

The new data structures of Loop 2018 are designed from the beginning for use on 64-bit systems. The performance on 32-bit systems is therefore relatively weak and can hardly be optimized.

I (FR) will expose some interesting algorithms from Loop 2018 for discussion and further use. However, I do not plan a full disclosure of the sources of Loop 2018.

Download Ph.D. thesis
Loop 2018

Loop 2018 is a UCI chess engine for Symmetric Multiprocessor Systems (SMP) with a maximum of 4 threads. You can download the chess engine here.

team

The Loop Chess Engine has been developed and programmed by Fritz Reul since 2018.
Beta tests

The beta tests for the Loop Engine have been carried out since 2018 by Gerhard Sonnabend.
Contact

Well, Loop was Loop. I guess it's a new Loop. Probably similar working procedure.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

The download links seem to be broken
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

supersharp77 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 am By chance happened across the LoopChess site and saw this post:"Loop 2018

Download Ph.D. thesis
Loop 2018

team

Beta tests

Contact

The eval seems to have not been original in one of the Loops. More information here: https://www.chessprogramming.org/Loop_(Program)