Question about Acid Ape Chess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Question about Acid Ape Chess

Post by Eduard »

This ChesGUI for Android is very interesting. It has many analysis options, a large online opening book, and online the 7 men databases. I can also play online on ICC, Fics and LiChess.

Great is also the possibility to play engine matches. :D

Unfortunately I did not manage to give the engines more than one core. Engine matches only work with one core. :cry:

Did I miss something here?
Ferdy

Re: Question about Acid Ape Chess

Post by Ferdy »

Eduard wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:42 am Unfortunately I did not manage to give the engines more than one core. Engine matches only work with one core. :cry:

Did I miss something here?
It has an unusual settings.
1. In human vs engine, it will follow the core allocations set in engine Core option.
2. In engine vs engine duel it will use all cores less 1 core for system and others.

If you have 8 cores, each engine will use 3 cores. I assume this is ponder on, this is not specified in manual.

With ponder off, you can run 4 or more matches in parallel if you have 8 cores. Be sure to monitor the cpu usage. Every task you created in this app will use a core, so while the engine duel is in progress, you can analyze games in another tasks or play online games.

See section "5.9.2 CPU core allocation" in Help manual.