a brief update - yet another name change

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ChiefPushesWood
Full name: Chief PushesWood

Re: a brief update - yet another name change

Post by ChiefPushesWood »

Damir wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:11 pm

I bet a lot of Trump supporters were behind the complaints… It is no wonder cause both Mccain and Trump were not best friends...
What a stupid comment.

Chief
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

ChiefPushesWood wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:56 pm
Damir wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:11 pm

I bet a lot of Trump supporters were behind the complaints… It is no wonder cause both Mccain and Trump were not best friends...
What a stupid comment.

Chief
Dann Corbit wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:52 am In the USA, the term "Freedom of Speech" is specifically designed so that anything you say is protected so long as you do not infringe on the rights of others,

I do not know what Freedom of Speech might mean in some other country.

If he wants to name it after democrats or republicans or libertarians, that is specifically protected by law.

Personally I am politically neutral, and favor no political party.
But I am glad that I live in a place where I am free to express myself.

Now, I have discovered that people can get their bun in a knot over anything and everything. In fact, I think that sometimes people invent something to get mad at when there is nothing obvious to get mad at laying around.

McCain literally means "Son of Cain" like McPherson means "Son of Pherson" and O'Neil means "Son of Neil" and "Johanson means "Son of Johan". That something like that would make folks mad puzzles me. But hey, to each his own.

Perhaps McPherson even means son of son of Pher, or Grandson of Pher
Sounds Good.. But Let Some Self Appointed "Genius" Come on Talkchess with a Chess Engine Called TRUMP MAGA v1.0
And see what happens in the Forum...It won't be a pretty sight ....No Indeed!! :) :wink:
ChiefPushesWood
Full name: Chief PushesWood

Post by ChiefPushesWood »

supersharp77 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:24 pm Sounds Good.. But Let Some Self Appointed "Genius" Come on Talkchess with a Chess Engine Called TRUMP MAGA v1.0
And see what happens in the Forum...It won't be a pretty sight ....No Indeed!! :) :wink:
I may learn to code JUST TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. :P

Chief
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

I'll stop using McCain just to stop supporting an engine that supports offended people :P
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.