BrainLearn

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Dann Corbit, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
amchess
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

BrainLearn

Post by amchess » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Finally, again public!

https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn


This is an article explaining our idea:
https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn/b ... A%20RE.pdf

Have fun!

Kelly and Andrea

zullil
Posts: 6442
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: BrainLearn

Post by zullil » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:30 pm

amchess wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:44 pm
Finally, again public!

https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn


This is an article explaining our idea:
https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn/b ... A%20RE.pdf

Have fun!

Kelly and Andrea
Forgive me, but it seems all you've done is add a "permanent" hash table. This has been done many times before, even for Stockfish. How is this different? I mean, who would want to publish this?

amchess
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: BrainLearn

Post by amchess » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 pm

Corrected a bug on opening variety
https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn/r ... /tag/4.0.1

Andrea

Leo
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: USA/Minnesota
Full name: Leo Anger

Re: BrainLearn

Post by Leo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm

How do you download the engine? I cant find it. Its not in the src.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34676
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: BrainLearn

Post by Graham Banks » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:09 pm

Leo wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:04 pm
How do you download the engine? I cant find it. Its not in the src.
https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn/r ... Windows.7z
gbanksnz at gmail.com

Leo
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: USA/Minnesota
Full name: Leo Anger

Re: BrainLearn

Post by Leo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:19 pm

Thanks Graham.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.

Michael Sherwin
Posts: 3196
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 1:00 am
Location: WY, USA
Full name: Michael Sherwin

Re: BrainLearn

Post by Michael Sherwin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:21 am

zullil wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:30 pm
amchess wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:44 pm
Finally, again public!

https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn


This is an article explaining our idea:
https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn/b ... A%20RE.pdf

Have fun!

Kelly and Andrea
Forgive me, but it seems all you've done is add a "permanent" hash table. This has been done many times before, even for Stockfish. How is this different? I mean, who would want to publish this?
I agree!

I see no evidence of RL. It is okay to store game moves (not search moves) in a hash table on disk instead of storing them in a linked tree like I did in RomiChess. It probably would have been better if I had used a hash instead. However, for there to be RL as is claimed there has to be a small bonus or penalty added to each game position in the hash after every game.
If you are on a sidewalk and the covid goes beep beep
Just step aside or you might have a bit of heat
Covid covid runs through the town all day
Can the people ever change their ways
Sherwin the covid's after you
Sherwin if it catches you you're through

peter
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 am
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: BrainLearn

Post by peter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:18 am

amchess wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:44 pm
Have fun!
Thanks, Andrea!

Works without move- history (opening moves leading to position of interest) now too, that's fine!
8-)
Peter.

peter
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 am
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: BrainLearn

Post by peter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:02 am

peter wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:18 am
Yet as for difficult tactical positions time to solution doesn't get as much better, as one is used to see with old-fashioned learning files like the ones, e.g. SF-PA had.
Especially for Zugzwang- studies it's still some kind of luck, if and how much hash- entries are stored usefully or not, depending much on computing time, on depth and amount of hash used.
And it seems to me, positions stored with move history (full .pgn with moves leading to the given position from opening onwards) still work better.
Peter.

amchess
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: BrainLearn

Post by amchess » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Version 4.1 released
Corrected bug on learning table's update
https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn/releases/tag/4.1

Post Reply