Allie for macOS?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steppenwolf
Full name: Sven Steppenwolf

Allie for macOS?

Post by Steppenwolf »

Is it possible to compile the newest Allie 0.5 which runs great in TCEC also for Mac?

I know about the Problem with Cuda and mac, but there could be a version with opencl and blas, where CPU and GPC can run simultaneously...
gonzochess75
Full name: Adam Treat

Re: Allie for macOS?

Post by gonzochess75 »

It is possible, but I have never tried it. The makefile's would most likely need to be modified to do it. The only one who has successfully built/used the CPU backend is me I'm afraid.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

gonzochess75 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:24 pm It is possible, but I have never tried it. The makefile's would most likely need to be modified to do it. The only one who has successfully built/used the CPU backend is me I'm afraid.
And where is that makefile - I have looked for it and cannot find it.
gonzochess75
Full name: Adam Treat

Post by gonzochess75 »

MikeB wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 pm
gonzochess75 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:24 pm It is possible, but I have never tried it. The makefile's would most likely need to be modified to do it. The only one who has successfully built/used the CPU backend is me I'm afraid.
And where is that makefile - I have looked for it and cannot find it.
The qmake files end in .pro and .pri. Those are the files that will likely need to be modified.