On-line engine blitz tourney October

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Modern Times

Re: On-line engine blitz tourney October

Post by Modern Times »

Well I'm always in favour of an increment. But HG ran 5+1 and this one was 5+2 so it was a bit longer.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Joost Buijs wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:25 pm
Guenther wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:44 am
Thanks for the info Joost, though Phalanx and Eichhoernchen have different authors.
This is very strange because Belfish, Eichhoernchen and Phalanx were registered by the same person.

According to CPW there were several different people working on Phalanx in the past. The last person working actively on Phalanx seems to be Dusan Dobes.
Yes, Dusan Dobes is and always was the main author.
(You could always check my chronology for released programs - link is in my signature)

Eichhoernchen played in ChessWar/OpenWar (Olivier Deville) as private program in the past.
I checked the authors name, he is listed as Wieland Belka.

I guess he created forks/derivates of Phalanx and SF and let them play in those online blitz tourneys.
(OTH I did not know he registered them as an author instead of a 'user' or whatever)
Eichhoernchen was around the level of FireFly in the past.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

Guenther wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:31 pm
Thanks for the info Joost, though Phalanx and Eichhoernchen have different authors.
This is very strange because Belfish, Eichhoernchen and Phalanx were registered by the same person.

According to CPW there were several different people working on Phalanx in the past. The last person working actively on Phalanx seems to be Dusan Dobes.
(You could always check my chronology for released programs - link is in my signature)

Eichhoernchen played in ChessWar/OpenWar (Olivier Deville) as private program in the past.

I guess he created forks/derivates of Phalanx and SF and let them play in those online blitz tourneys.
(OTH I did not know he registered them as an author instead of a 'user' or whatever)
Indeed it was Wieland Belka who asked me to create accounts for Eichhoernchen, Phalanx and BelFish. He didn't tell me in any way that he is the author of these engines, but I more or less assumed he was.

And I didn't know that BelFish is a Stockfish derivative, but when looking at the name it should have ring a bell.
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

Joost Buijs wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:53 pm
Guenther wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Indeed it was Wieland Belka who asked me to create accounts for Eichhoernchen, Phalanx and BelFish. He didn't tell me in any way that he is the author of these engines, but I more or less assumed he was.

And I didn't know that BelFish is a Stockfish derivative, but when looking at the name it should have ring a bell.
Logged in your server the first time and all finger notes are ok.

Code: Select all

Statistics for BelFish(C)       (Last disconnected Sun Oct 13, 16:30 CEST 2019):

rating     RD     win   loss   draw  total   best
Blitz     2955    129.1      6      1      2      9

1: BelFish - a StockFish derivative, modified and operated by belka
 2: experimenting with evaluation function, with small techniques for speeding up code execution, with compiling options ...

Statistics for Phalanx(C)       (Last disconnected Sun Oct 13, 16:29 CEST 2019):

rating     RD     win   loss   draw  total   best
Blitz     2261    113.3      3      8      2     13

1: Phalanx reborn, like Phoenix from the ashes
 2: authored by Dusan Dobes, modified and operated by belka
fics% 

trollwatch:
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

Sure, but I'm not reading everybody's finger-notes. My expectation was that somebody joining the tournament with an engine is the original author of that engine, with maybe a few exceptions there.
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

I've put the server on a Hyper-V virtual machine on a machine with a core i5-9400 processor (a really fast processor, draws hardly any power when idle). Last time the performance was already good, next time it will be even better.

There are still some bugs and omissions in the server software, maybe I want to fix some in the future, but for now I want to start working on my engine again.

The last tournament took a bit long (caused by the 5.2 and the endless endgames of LC0), the next tournament will be 5.1 again.
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

I have updated the overview for all online tourneys.
(The stats not yet - needs some modifications since mahon was introduced)

http://rwbc-chess.de/HGMT/HGM_tourneys.htm

trollwatch:
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Joost Buijs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:39 am The last tournament took a bit long (caused by the 5.2 and the endless endgames of LC0), the next tournament will be 5.1 again.
Yes sorry about that, I won't run Lc0 again. Can you please set up a new account for EtherealRB and PM me the password, and I'll use that next time.
Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs »

Modern Times wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 pm
Joost Buijs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:39 am The last tournament took a bit long (caused by the 5.2 and the endless endgames of LC0), the next tournament will be 5.1 again.
Yes sorry about that, I won't run Lc0 again. Can you please set up a new account for EtherealRB and PM me the password, and I'll use that next time.
No problem, already sent you a PM.